xisto Community
JimBeam1405241475

AMD Or P4 ?

Which CPU do you prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For me i like my Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz it is intel it is good and i like it , if you planning tu run Win XP OS i prefer Intel P4 but in the other hand you have AMD nd it is cheap :) and good when i bought my laptop i bought AMD XP 2500 Mobile woks fine but it is prety hot when it is processing a lot.

If you would consider stabilty go for pentium, but if you got a tight budget and need a good performance pc try AMD. I both tried this processors, and I got big experiences on them. AMD is fast and clean but the problem is it easily heats up. Some of you say intel processors heat up faster than AMD. Well I guess AMD heats faster, I have used many AMD's and it heats up easily. One occasional moment when I was about to upgrade my pc, I left the System Unit at the back of our van. It is occasionally hot there, when I placed my AMD processor on the new motherboard it gets this "fatal error" it was still win98 those times. And when I try to check the temparature of this processor, geeez it was too hot. And so I also encountered that same "fatal error" with the AMD processor on the office of my parents. Intel processors doesn't heat that fast and stable. Let's just make it this way, I am not going for who's better or who's best... If you need affordable and efficient processors go for AMD, if you are investing on lasting stuff go for Intel. But the 64bit support of AMD surely is a big deal to consider. There are programs that come out that supports 64bit only, like norton, microsoft, and some new games. It should be games = AMD , office work = pentium, hehehe.

Ehh.... what happens when your processor heats?Becouse about 90% of the day my pc is on. I also sometimes leave it 2 or 3 days on nonstop.It's Pentium 4, and the case (Delux) has 2 fans that go directly to the processor, I think that should help a lot.Also leave at least 20 cm between the back of your cpu and the wall (or desk or anything). It needs that space so the air can freely circulate, wich obviously helps with the heating problem.

Hi all,I donno much abt CPU arch. but i vote for Intel, as i used intel (since P2)till now and its working fine and greate on all operating systems and on all file systems. i had no complaints against intel, but i heard some problems abt AMD Athlon on which RedHat Linux 8.0 is running. The linux server suddenly will go down, but the same version of linux working fine on the Intel's P4 System.

Thats no reason to base a comparason of AMD / Intel.the server going down could be anything, Motherboard, ram, sound card, network card, bad voltages on the PSU.