xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RGF

Guesss What Another Hole In Ie

Some vulnerabilities have been discovered in Internet Explorer, which can be exploited by malicious people to compromise a user's system, conduct cross-site/zone scripting and bypass a security feature in Microsoft Windows XP SP2.
1) Insufficient validation of drag and drop events from the "Internet" zone to local resources for valid images or media files with embedded HTML code. This can be exploited by e.g. a malicious web site to plant arbitrary HTML documents on a user's system, which may allow execution of arbitrary script code in the "Local Computer" zone.

This vulnerability is a variant of:
SA12321

you know for all the money bill gates and microsoft has one would think that they could come out with something that really should be $$200$$

Oh well here we go again. Glad i switched to firefox when i did, i used to never see exploits as exploits, infact i thought it was my fault. Is there a patch ready yet? Maybe microsooft should recomend firefox and that would solve a lot of trouble.

Oh well here we go again. Glad i switched to firefox when i did, i used to never see exploits as exploits, infact i thought it was my fault. Is there a patch ready yet? Maybe microsooft should recomend firefox and that would solve a lot of trouble.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I have read in PC magazines and various web sites... firefox is actually no safer than IE. These authors have said that the only reason we keep seeing all these exploits in IE is because it is the most widely used program around the world. These people who attack internet users will look for flaws in IE and make exploits accordingly, because they know more people will be affected. If Firefox was more common than IE we'd probably start seeing Firefox users being attacked.

I don't know, I could be wrong, but this is what I have read from expert opinions. If you can prove this theory wrong, please go ahead and do so... I just thought I'd add a little discussion to this thread.

Actually Firefox IS safer, if nothing else because unlike IE, Firefox does not so readily allow Active-X files to be executed, as many times Active-X files on web pages can be used to hack your computer. Sure, there are some web applications that you won't be able to view in Firefox, but that's a small price to pay for keeping your computer safe.

firefox detects a stupid 2 frames flash animation i had as harmfull active content and blocks it ...sorry i dont like insecurity ... but i also dont like super security ... i make the choices accordingly I am responisble for the damage not IE or FIREFOX >....ppl shouldnt blame browsers for security .. they should blame the makers of these sites ... or at least not visit them ...without IE ( ever ) you might have never heard of Firedfox in the first place .

I was using Opera before Firefox but still believe its a much better browser. It must be safer in a way. What about Linux why dont we hear problems with that all the time. Why is the net awash with storys on Microsoft, they dont make good code thats the answer. they could clean it up but wont, they could re-write IE but wont, there only interested in the profit they make. Next there will be a subscription to them or something.

ppl shouldnt blame browsers for security .. they should blame the makers of these sites ... or at least not visit them ...

you say that now... but when you get a virus because someone embeded a virus iin a JPEG and used it as their avatar on this site, is it still your fault ?

OpenBSD has not has a single Remote securety hole in almost 10 years...
why.. because they AUDIT code before they use it.

If the University of california can clean code of bugs of a whole operating system suite, then afford to give it away for free, why cant microsoft, a GIANT compared to a single university, who sell the OS, who have for amore people working for them. why cant they fix the code ? do they even try ?

there are far more lines of code in BSD operating system Suite, than in microsfts operating system and IE.

without IE ( ever ) you might have never heard of Firedfox in the first place .

without IE, microsoft couldnt have played dirty, and killed off netscape.
without the death and release of netscape source code theremight not be a mozilla foundation, wihout the moxzilla foundation there wouldnt be firefox.

Yes thats the right attitude, as he has said about OpenBSD it gets audited, right now firefox is being audited in a way by the open source community and were all testers, the minute a bug is found that is serious, I can see a lot of people working hard to help fix the bug and restore everyone to normal. I put more faith in open source than in corporate installations who waste money on making more than caring about there old projects.

lol yes....I've seen a few people with that banner ;)But hmm...About the microsoft bashing bit...Microsoft can't afford to give away their Os' for free...Do you know how many people exactly work for microsoft?....IT's a damn high number...And they are paid weekly just like the rest of the world...If they were to stop selling the Os then honestly...I doubt anybody would be making money.And one of the reasons they can't clean their code is because SOOOO many people use microsoft apposed to say Linux that they spend their time targetting windows and not the other systems...For example have you ever noticed that (if you have norton...I dunno about other anti-virus protection programs) when you get a virus and you look up information about it it says linux systems will not be affected and this is primarily for windows...Well thats because the ratio of people who uses windows and people who try to improve windows is way off...To many people attacking it and not enough trying to fix it...For linux on the other hand there's just the same amount of improvers as users...Or maybe a little less...But I know that there aren't as many attackers as users or improvers ;) and thats the basic concept...Meh though thats only my opinion on the matter...l8r