xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websaint

Pixels In Paint Shop Pro

Does anyone know about a good tutorial for drawing pixels in paint shop pro?? I want to learn how to pixeldraw but right now I can't even find the copy button in psp.. Could someone tell me how to make transparent gifs?? I'm an idiot.. Please help??

I am not sure what do you mean by PIXEL paint but for making Transparent gifs ..make a new file when you finish ur image , simply click on Image > Pallete > Set Pallete Transperacy , select the color u want it to be transparent . then click PROOF to see the result .press OK , save as .GIF , you're done .

Does anyone know about a good tutorial for drawing pixels in paint shop pro?? I want to learn how to pixeldraw but right now I can't even find the copy button in psp.. Could someone tell me how to make transparent gifs?? I'm an idiot.. Please help??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If what you mean by pixel paint is to draw one pixel at a time, then all you do is go to the menu & select the paint brush [it looks like a paint brush] & paint away..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as pixeldrawing... select the paintbrush tool>set the size to 1px>set the opacity to 100%>set the hardness to 100%>set the density to 100%>select a color from the color pallet and start happily drawing away. You should also zoom in using the zoom tool.

To make a tansparent .gif -

Go to File>Export>GIF Optimizer...

A new window will come up. This is the GIF Optimizer window.

Click the Transparency tab. Click the checkbox by Existing image or layer Transparency. This will leave the transparent sections of your image transparent.

Next, click the Partial Transparency tab.

Here, you can make several adjustments to how the partially transparent parts of your image will be displayed. These types of images have blurry edges or do not have a pixelated look, and fade into transparency.

For best quality, I usually check the box next to Use full transparency for pixels below (value) % opacity and the box next to Yes, blend with the background color and choose a Blend Color to match the background that the image will be placed on.

For an example, take a look at my signature image. I used the color white for my blend color. It's hard to distiguish from the light blues on this site. It is best to choose a color that closely matches the background the image will be placed on.

Play around with the settings to find exactly what you're looking for.

Well, I hope Troubadour's informative post answered your question. If not, check Google. There are tons of wonderful PS sites out there, and your questions may have been answered a zillion times already.