xisto Community
iGuest

RPG Maker 2000/2003

I don't think they make it anymore but I do remember a version for the PS2. I have seen many of the Playstation versions. It seems interesting but I always wondered actually how many types of games can you make? It can't be infinte but how liberal can one get so that everyone's game they make with that isn't the same?

I use rpg maker xp on the computer. Me and my friends made and game for school with it and got a A+. It allows you to make and edit ruby script. We had rain and night and day. Easy to make scens and do unique things. Only thing you need to get a translated one.

I don't think they make it anymore but I do remember a version for the PS2. I have seen many of the Playstation versions. It seems interesting but I always wondered actually how many types of games can you make? It can't be infinte but how liberal can one get so that everyone's game they make with that isn't the same?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the RPG Maker for the Ps2 is totally different, developed by AgeTec. Also this version is obviously not pirated. Though I don't like the Ps versions.

the RPG Maker for the PC I think is more robust, however it is illegal and it was developed by Enterbrain, some Japanese company.

I have RPG Maker 2000 I believe, maybe it's 2003. I can't really remember, but I'm currently looking for sprites. I didn't know there was already a forum about RPG Maker or I would have just posted it here, isntead of making a new one, here..

It's really, really easy to use. And some people can make amazing games. One girl drew all her tiles and ended up making a cartoon like world. It was really nicely done, and the artwork was beautiful. I used to have a lot of tile sets that were really beautiful, but I had to reformat and lost them all, along with the website addresses, and sure enough I have no idea where to find them.

The program allows you to do quite a bit, and I think it's a great way to atleast make a prototype of your game, and game concept until you either become more fluent in code, or perhaps just better at a more efficient and fancy program. (Which might involve dishing out the green stuff.)

I have the program, so if anyone wants it really bad, just Private Message me, and I'll find a way to get it to you. It's not that big of a file size, and I'd be happy to pass on the love.

RPG Maker 2000 & 2003 is easy to create, but RPG Maker XP is different -- it can code by Ruby Script to set the game effects.I not have been use RPG Maker XP, but I use RPG Maker 2000 & 2003.