xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
juniorspank

Mercenaries Looks promising

I suggest everyone check out "Mercenaries" by LucasArts, it looks like it will be a solid game. Based on what I know about it almost everything can be blown up and will be to complete missions. The best part is that I've played the one-level demo and I'm super addicted. If you have some spare money and are at the old EB games or Gamespot on January 10th, pick it up.

i read the review for it on gamespot. and i thought "a game that has this much publicity, so many commercials is bound to be a let down." apparently it wasnt, gamespot gave it a 8/10 and the fans( who really count, right?) gave it a 9/10. i plan on renting it first, those type of games can be fun, but i tend to get bored of games easily.

Yea I also saw the Gamespot.com review and that is a pretty high score for Gamespot. Many other review sites and magazines gave it a 9 or higher. I am probably going to rent it first, because I am not exactly sure what the game is all about, but i hope it is good. I heard the graphics are better than Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

SA used the same engine as the past game, vice city, so the graphics on that are a year old about so i would not doubt it. about SA though; with all the stuff they added in they probally didnt have time concentrating on graphics. although i do feel they over-did the simulation aspect of the game, i mean girlfriends?

Yeah Mercenaries does look like a good game. Ill wait until it goes down half price int he preowned section before I get it but what ive heard is making me wanting it more and more, just like GTA San Andreas but I managed to play that over my friends house. I think the main features of Mercenaries is that you can hijack vehicles, destruct everything (which they said the same in Red Faction but not everything could be), and of course shooting enemies.