xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yoicks

Good Drawing In Photoshop

Alright, I've been an avid Photoshop user for quite a while now, basically teaching myself (and so I don't really know everything that there is to know), but I'm quite good w/ effects and everything like that. However, I'm wondering about drawing.Specifically, lines. I'm good at drawing like that in PSP, but Photoshop...I'm lost. When I need to draw...I have to make shapes and give them colored borders...it's sad.Anybody know (if they understand me) what I can do?

use brush tool for drawing, and nice optical mouse.if you want to use the pen tool, first draw the lay out(with pen), use alt, shift, ctrl + pen for directions and curves, then select a brush(type and size) and hit enter. um... kindly check if the pen use path only, in the option panel. if it din't work.

Alright, I've been an avid Photoshop user for quite a while now, basically teaching myself (and so I don't really know everything that there is to know), but I'm quite good w/ effects and everything like that.  However, I'm wondering about drawing.

Specifically, lines.  I'm good at drawing like that in PSP, but Photoshop...I'm lost.  When I need to draw...I have to make shapes and give them colored borders...it's sad.

Anybody know (if they understand me) what I can do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You want to use illistrator for crisp smooth lines.

Photoshop, is primarily geared for image manipulations, (not for illustrations or draftings) although it contains little aids for vector drawing or illustrations..pencil, pen and shapes..you could click options alt, shift, or ctrl for options, like for straight lines, angle, fixed shapes or whatever.If you want more options for illustrations and vector graphics...you should try CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator.

Alright, I've been an avid Photoshop user for quite a while now, basically teaching myself (and so I don't really know everything that there is to know), but I'm quite good w/ effects and everything like that.  However, I'm wondering about drawing.

Specifically, lines.  I'm good at drawing like that in PSP, but Photoshop...I'm lost.  When I need to draw...I have to make shapes and give them colored borders...it's sad.

Anybody know (if they understand me) what I can do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just out of curiosity, do you own a Wacom tablet? This is a great little tool for creating digital art of any kind. I would not survive without mine. I know they just released an intuos III which has all the modifier keys right on the tablet itself so you can move your keyboard out of the way while you draw. Used Intuos IIs can be found on ebay for as low as $30 and those great too. really, I can't say enough good things about anything Wacom makes.

If you'd like to see some great digital artwork, I suggest visiting cgnetwork's website. There, you'll find some great articles on digital artistic application. Check out the forums too. The tallent displayed there is jaw-dropping. People typically use photoshop and another program called Corel Painter (which I prefer, personally). You'll find tutorials as well if you do a bit of poking around.

if youre serious about creating artwork in ps, you should consider investing in a wacom. though it might seem expensive, it'll help you out i the long run. you can also get it off ebay too. if youre talknig of basic lines and stuff, use the marquee tool. very useful.the pen tool is ill suited for creating shapes. its however very good for making sharp and precise selections.

i use photoshop for quite alot of artwork, for this is draw out in sketch the items untill i have everything perfect, then i use a fine point ink pen to go over the lines and erase the pencil drawing uneath. just scan it onto my pc using a really high dpi (usually about 600 or so) this meathod i find mean i don't need to use the pen tool to add bold lines either. Yet ti's still easy to manipulate. A tablet can be useful as well but tricky and you still get those annoying lines right across the the page when you jog (like when you jog your mouse) the only problem is that if i really need high detail a 9600 dpi image is roughly 3 or 4 GB.