xisto Community
iGuest

Help Adding a online application to a website

Does anyone know how to create and add a online application to a website? I am new at building websites myself. Thanks! in advance on any help you can give me.

Does anyone know how to create and add a online application to a website? I am new at building websites myself. Thanks! in advance on any help you can give me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are many ways to do this. All of them involve some coding to be done. The easiest way would be to create an application using html form tags, then post the form to the users default mail client. They then send the text to you via an email. This only works if your user has a "real" email account (got to be done through outlook, netscape, thunderbird ect)

Another way that this can be accomplished is to post the data to a php script that then mails the data to you.

You can download a flash extension that includes a simple php script (this is the way I do) or, you can post to a similar file. I am not at home right now, but here is a link to a php script that will do just that.

PHP Mailer

Or try Macromedia for the flash extension/php script there.

Of course, if you have a host that can use Cold Fusion, just use the CFMail tags

(most hosts have php though, so this is the best way to go)

**UPDATE**

Did a bit of browsing last night. Here is the website of the really cool dude who made the flash for the emailer

Black Blog

It is in spainish, though english is a bit farther down. He has a single zip file that contains everything--even a pdf that explains the php script to handle the mailing.

learn php dude....looks like u really need it badlytake my advice and go to phpfreaks.com now!