xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
netg

Privacy Screens To protect against invasion of privacy?

:) What is the purpose of privacy screens if they donot protect the user against invasion of privacy. I've noticed the screen can be very clearly seen by anyone standing directly in back of the person using the computer. Of course they are for use in public places like the public library. In the home, they would not have any use. I've visited public libraries where privacy screens are in use. In my opinion, they donot effectively provide any privacy. The screen is slightly dark towards the side, however standing directly in the rear of the computer user provides as good a view as any. So what's their purpose?

By privacy screen do you mean the anti glare / anti radiation screen that some people use? or do you mean the Hooded Privacy screen?The first kind can be used for privacy when it come to people on 45 degrees away from you. Anyone directly behind you out to 45 degrees will see the data the way you do.A hooded privacy screen are used in an area with sensitive data, they cost from $500.00 and up for the better brands and the hood sticks out a foot or more. The screen have to be setup for your viewing height and distance. If you sit higher or lower or further away the screen will be blurry and you have to readjust. You have a range of 5 degrees to each side, until the hood will prevent you from seeng the whole screen.Nils