xisto Community
CoolBradG

Best Free Graphics Programs?

I know of 3 Free Graphics Programs. They are Pixia and GIMP and Photo Plus. I used to use Pixia before I got Paint Shop Pro 8. GIMP and Photo Plus I never really got how to use and I didn't wanna take time to learn. Does anyone know of anymore Free Graphics Programs? If so please reply and tell about them.

Link To Pixia: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Link To GIMP: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Link To PhotoPlus: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/?MC=FSSPHOTOPLUS

yeah, Photoshop is free if you know how to look!  (true, but j/k)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shame on you! Stop giving people bad ideas. They could go to jail if they do that! X_X Pretend like you didn't hear that and use the Free Programs above. :) So anyway if anyone know of any other free programs please tell them in here. See you can get trials of paint shop pro and photo shop but they run out pretty fast which stinks. *sigh*

Honestly, I think it's almost impossible to find a 'good' free graphic design program. I searched for a very long time, and I really got nothing. If somebody needs something decent, get Paint Shop Pro. And Photoshop is even better (the best, in my opinion...and what I've got).I dunno, maybe I'm biased. After all, I've been using Photoshop for quite a while now...and nothing comes close. :)

GIMP is an excellent graphic program, and it's free! It can do many things like Photoshop, but it doesn't come with that price tag. But I feel that the user interface is not as friendly though. But it's free and highly functional.

Aew, I remember GIMP. My bro installed it on the downstairs CPU. I never really gave it a chance to get a part of me :)

But honestly, if u really want the works:

Photo shop or PSP for images

hey, i downloaded Pixia, it's really great, but...

i need some help, tutorials, or just your advice. i wanna knowif, and how...

- can you make the text 3D like the Posted Image logo?

- do you make a bg, and then paste a image with a white background over it, without seeing the white square?

that's it for know, i'll let you know (unless i find - or you give me - a good tutorial)

ty :)

As far as free applications go, Gimp is probably the best you'll find. In my opinion, nothing beats photoshop(Gimp is great, but it lacks certain poweruser features), but it is pricey. I found that it is well worth the price, but for most people it is overkill. There is no shame in going wth a cheaper program like PSP or even free software.

I've always used Photoshop cause it's just the best in features that I've found. Everything is layed out in an organized way.I love The Gimp but it lacks the one main reason why I like Photoshop, everything being contained in one window. There are too many windows in The Gimp. There is a plugin to make it look like Photoshop but I don't trust it.

There's always microsoft paint... But no. Gimp is one of the best tools ever. I can do anything I like on GIMP, I never need anything else. Good for doctoring photos, good for making things look 3d... Just spend a little time on it and you are a photo master!