xisto Community
wonbin

Converting .mov To .swf

I'm sure there has to be a freeware program to do that. If you go to google.com and search for .mov to .swf converters you should get something. If not you can download the Flash Macromedia MX from macromedia.com and get a 30 day trial version and it can definitely do the conversion for you. If you can't figure out how to use it to do the conversion then you can search for tutorials on macromedia.com.Good Luck

I'm sure there has to be a freeware program to do that.  If you go to google.com and search for .mov to .swf converters you should get something.  If not you can download the Flash Macromedia MX from macromedia.com and get a 30 day trial version and it can definitely do the conversion for you.  If you can't figure out how to use it to do the conversion then you can search for tutorials on macromedia.com.

Good Luck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank Ploforia.I have searching and find some site.

MOV is a movie file. I dont understand who that can be converted to SWF. Importing the file does make sence. When you talk about converting, you are actually speaking of changing the entire format of movie. The Flash files are very compact and they are filled with calculations and variables which render the video and give amazing effects ( while taking up very little space ). MOV is not the same... Importing makes sence if you want to play it on web, Else, I guess you might be more interested in converting it to DivX.Can anyone comment on the Compression of DivX and MOV ..

MOV is a movie file. I dont understand who that can be converted to SWF. Importing the file does make sence. When you talk about converting, you are actually speaking of changing the entire format of movie. The Flash files are very compact and they are filled with calculations and variables which render the video and give amazing effects ( while taking up very little space ).  MOV is not the same...  Importing makes sence if you want to play it on web, Else, I guess you might be more interested in converting it to DivX.

Can anyone comment on the Compression of DivX and MOV ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well DivX is commercial driven, you can get better compression if you buy it from them, otherwise you miss out on the 30% more compression you could get from it, the compression rate is supposedly 64:1.

If you're looking for a good video codec for compression your videos, try Xvid (reverse spelling of Divx) from https://www.xvid.com/ it's an open source video codec that is MPEG-4 compliant. Although you would have to do your own tests to figure out which has better compression, superior quality and is fast.

I don't know about Quicktime's MOV format, nor really use this format.

I'd be interested to know about the Advanced Audio Codec, and whether this will replace MP3 format, it seems like it could if enough people give up the decade old format. An open source audio codec is Ogg Vorbis found at http://www.vorbis.com/ another codec you should check out for compression audio files.

Cheers,

MC

Yep, I recommend xVid, because it is free and integrates easily with normally all video applications. I've noticed some unstability with early versions though, like it always crashed my Adobe Premier, but then I stopped using that sh**tty software when I discovered Combustion. Anyway, conversion's a headache but does some good. Also, xVid is not well supported by some apps so don't rely on it too much if you do some serious video work. Cinepak's less efficient but more popular and stable. Cool !

Although it doesn't make any sense, you can easily convert mov to swf. Just import the mov to flash (provided you have flash of course). Then drag and drop onto stage. Above you see on your keyframe that it contains something. Then you have to start adding keyframes until every keyframe has a fram of the mov file (use F6, it's much faster; just press and hold). If the entire movie is on your timeline, you can just publish your settings and only tick the SWF box.

If you are able to conver .mov to .avi - there is a solution - OpenSource package SwfTools have very usefull utillity called avi2swf - it is working on Lin/Win/Mac, so there shouldn't be troubles running it :) - I can trully recomend it - wit this package you are able to create whole flash site or anything else without buying licencs from MM...