xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the empty calorie

Question About: Ikonboard How do I get this working?

Hello everyone. I've recently decided to start my own message board, so I downloaded Ikonboard 3.1.1 and I have no idea what to do with it to get it together and running. I noticed it said something about perl and CGI scripts. Would I need to learn CGI and perl to get this all up and together? I need someone to walk me through this, or at least point me in the right direction.

i recently set up an ikonboard myself, and find it to be the best. you dont really need to learn perl or cgi to set it up or use it, but you should familiarize yourself a litle bit, esp. if you plan to modify it. the initial set-up is fairly self-explanatory, but if you still need help, feel free to ask me

There is a way of setting up this board easily. First u need a WinXP Pro and u need to install the IIS(Internet Information Systems running). If ur using XP Home Edition den is a bit problem. When ur done, download a copy of Wamp Server at Wamp Server
This wamp server is where ur mysql, php and many more server in one packages. It is easy to setup and u do not need to install it separately. You can find out more in the Wamp Server website about setting up ur Bulletin Board.

With this software, you can configure the board b4 uploading to ur web server. If u still have problem or question pm me and I help u if I can.