xisto Community
rapco

Review My Xoops Site... opensource cms based

the banner's from 100webspace.com ....I don't know waht's happening with that code.. but... what do you think of the design (apart from the banner)... what do u think i can improve?????

For a start I love the clour scheme and I think the placement of the menu, recent articles/elements/uploads etc. is good. Personally I hate the font in the top left because I can't read the damn stuff, you may choose to leave it though as it kindof goes with the rap style thing :) . Two things I don't think fit in properly is:1) The search and cotinue buttons and associated dropdown lists etc. I would change their colour to suit the rest of the page (perhaps make the buttons that shaded blue and the text boxes a kindof darker grey).2) The calender has the same problem of looking out of place. Dunno what you're gonna do about that but you should change it somehow.Hope I helped you with your already very good design :) .

Thanks Darren... ifelt pretty good when i read your review... rigth now i'm away, traveling, but when i get home i'm going to look into it... i know how to change the search button, and i'll learn how to change de calendarThanks

I like the appearance of the site. Had a problem with all of the cookies the site tries to set. As well as the automatic download. Went to the site twice and each time it froze my browser.

I like the appearance of the site.  Had a problem with all of the cookies the site tries to set.  As well as the automatic download.  Went to the site twice and each time it froze my browser.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What browser were you using? I used Opera and I got no problems at all be that automatic downloads, cookies or freezes.

first of all if you 58 posts , then u should have a Standard package i think , So why host at that host ? the design is simple and practical but the Red logo doesn't match the site theme , the overall looks like a PHP2 template , there's no much graphics there but well done .

ok... i think i have to clear something out first.. i do use a template... i have modified it to acomodate my necesities.. plain html...for examplo, the center divided block are supposed to be in the booton, not at the top.. stuff like taht...and the grafics.. well, ia have had a bad ecperience with taht.. as you can see, the page has a lot of contents.. and a higly imaged deisgn would make it too slow... web surfers hate that!!! i personally do.. but it is still a good point.. i need more grafics.. notes takenand why at superihost... cause i was getting my 50.. etc post first... and i'm not at home, i can't migrate the portal yet

I think that generally it is ok!But....I don't like the banner from top, it really don't mach by color and by topic of the site!I think that the banner from the top have to be more expresive, I mean more connected to the site content...it had to be that part of the site that visitors will remember, so try to do smth really good...Also I don't like that it seems to be a template, a simple template that 1 million of sites had... I'm for your own design!and i'm sure you have enougth creativity to create smth that will be your and will be with a good design!sorry for my english!good luck!

danagym, waht's you native language??? mine's spanish...And about the template... well, i know how to design my own site... the problem is i'm not very good with the ccs... the stylesheet.. i don't quite get it...that's the reason i don't have MY OWN design... although the one i use i fairly modified...

danagym, waht's you native language??? mine's spanish...

And about the template... well, i know how to design my own site... the problem is i'm not very good with the ccs... the stylesheet.. i don't quite get it...

that's the reason i don't have  MY OWN design... although the one i use i fairly modified...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually its CSS not CCS but anyway. It isn't very hard to learn and there is a great tutorial on it at w3schools. There are also many other tutorials there which will help you produce even better work.

liquidsparxx i'm sorry, i didn't notice the page was going to be doing due to a server migration, but ok and running now!!!!Darren, thanks for the link, haven't had the time to check it, but i'll do soon, THANKS!

I have updated my site.. few changes in the info layout for the main page... I'm hopping to do some work on the theme.html in the next month... keep reviewing please..