xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
daniel151405241469

Add Smf To Cpanel Addon Script Installer please?

Wooo another SMF fan, also its just been added to fantastico so it probably will get installed here as its a mimic or something of fantastico, but SMF rocks. Maybe Xisto should switch over?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i contacted OpaQue about installing smf in the addon scripts installer, but he said he couldn't (so now i'm uploading smf and installing it myself...). Also i asked him if he might convert the Xisto forum to smf and he said that a lot of work has been put into this forum (you can tell with all the mods and the ads that appear in forums, etc,etc,etc)

...SMF is fine for smallish forums, but not for larger ones.

well, have you seen the forum at WebPlanetHost.com (http://www.webplanethost.com/) -- that's a large forum that uses SMF, its much bigger than this one (at least i think)

1070 Topics, 7363 posts, 1082 members (and as well as that, they're using my SMFShop mod :)).

Actually, they've got a good idea that i reckon Xisto should use. If you refer someone to their hosting services (whether free or paid), they will give you more bandwidth, more space, etc. Also you can get more bandwidth, space, a free domain, etc. just by making posts.

Also from memory (i'm not sure of this), if you pay them $2 via paypal, they will add more bandwidth to your account (again, i'm not sure of this)...

and just if you were wondering, the reason i know all this about webplanethost is that they are hosting one of my websites (i have 3, and 1 is with Xisto) and i had to help the admin install SMFShop

--daniel

p.s I think this is the longest post i've ever made :)