xisto Community
G_Man10110

Burnout 3 Fast paced racing game

Who here has Burnout 3? When I bought my copy, it was a special edition with director's cut and was bought right from the company that produced it (It was frikken expensive too!) One of the things I don't like about it is that when you are driving, the speedometer is completely full of @#$%! I mean, how can you be going 200mph on a 200ft stretch, and have it take 10 seconds to get from one end to the other!? I mean come on. It is fun and all, but a lot of things are quite unbelievable. Anyone here feel free to compare and contrast Burnout 3 to any other racing game for the better, or for the worst.Please.

I think Burnout 3 is a game unto itself. The crash courses are fun. Who cares if the spedometer is incorrect. Just the amount of damage you can cause is nuts. Taking a semi-tractor and crashing into 6 parked busses.

Burnout 3 Takedown is one of the best racing games ever made. It was my favorite besides Grand Turismo 3 A-Spec. I like the takedowns where you knock other cars off the road and watch them fly away and blow up. I also like steering my car into other after i have been hit. The crash mode is also a very interesting and cool feature.

Yes! Like I said in my Need for Speed post, I dont like driving games. I find their all the same, just go around a track three times collecting time from each checkpoint, when you come first it says congrads and then game over. Pretty pointless in my opinion. But Breakout 3 isnt like a normal driving game and really pushes the boundaries to a whole new level. The graphics are nothing short than amazing and... Well thats basically it! If it wasnt for the superb graphics this game wouldnt have been very successful as that is what makes the crashes great and fun to do on purpose. I also love going into slow motion as well.

) One of the things I don't like about it is that when you are driving, the speedometer is completely full of @#$%! I mean, how can you be going 200mph on a 200ft stretch, and have it take 10 seconds to get from one end to the other!? I mean come on. It is fun and all, but a lot of things are quite unbelievable. A

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's called 'arcade style'

Anyway, yeah it's an awesome game. My favorite is the Roadrage mode.

It's so fun, all you do is try to crash your other opponents.

Best racing game ever(except for Cyberspin)

Oh yeah, and it's not supposed to be a Sim

yes i think that burnout 3 is one of the best racing gamesever made as well. they even managed to up the graphics on the game also the sound is great. with those two you cant go wrong

I loved this game it was really good I used to have it for my xbox. I especially liked the special effects when you just nailed those cars. And the racing was pretty cool. But most of all you can't forget the music. That game had real great music.

Ive been considering getting Burnout 3..... exspecially after i played Burnout and Bought Burnout 2....i love the crash moses in burnout 2.... i think if i was going to buy a racing game....it would probably be the title burnout 3

The game is wicked cool! Just save the fact that getting overtaken is VERY simple... That annoys me so much that I vent my anger by crashing their cars!The game has very nice graphics and not to mention the sounds and musics, plug your PS2 to a LCD screen and turn the volume up, watching them crash on big screen really rocks! Its also a great stress reliever. My favourite would be the crash courses... I love the mayhem and damage caused!

The races is not just fast paced, its insane! When you overtake your opponent, after maintaining a few seconds lead, then quicker than you can blink your eye, he is in front of you! Thats due to the fact that in Burnout 3, the opponents use BOOST more often.

Burnout 3 is raddest racing game i've ever played. There are only 2 things I have to say, First, When you go into slo-mo to try aftertouch takedowns the camera is fixed in whatever position it feels like being in. Usually this isn't a good angle to see where the other racers are coming from, so lots of the time you just have to guess where they will be. All they had to do was let you pan the camera and this wouldn't be an issue. The same goes in crash mode. You really need to use the aftertouch in crash mode to get bonuses and because you cant move the camera, you are guessing where they are most of the time. Also you cannot save replays of crashes, and when you do watch them you have to watch them from the same views you already saw. Second, The soundtrack is a fairly mute point on X-box if you use a custom one. The songs they provide just are not very good to be racing and crashing to. They also make in very inconvenient to use your own tracks. You cannot combine any tracks already in the game, or take tracks from different playlists on your X-box. Also the tracks they put in the game you can only change from play in race, play in menu, play in both. So you cant turn any of them off completely. And if you use your own tracks you have none of those options. The good news is during races you can press the black button to go to the next track.But all in all, 9/10, worth picking up.