xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
danagym

Corel Draw? corel draw 11

hi! I have a question:Why all of the web designers work mostly with photoshop, rahter that corel draw?what feauters the photoshop have so usefull that may be used at the creation of a web-site?thanks!

Partly, it is ability to save for the internet, which makes images much smaller without losing quality for posting on the internet(I think it does this my reducing the pallet and optimizing for that custom pallet, this means that editing the picture after it is saved is harder without making it bigger again, but for just downloading and viewing it is very nice).Having not used corel draw at all, I am not sure what features it has that I might care about, so part of it is simply familiarity. Other than that, the many layers and layer effects are very helpfull, along with photoshop's very very nice layer mask engine.The assorted plugins and filters are also very usefull and full featured. for my work, I use photoshop's brush engine, which is the most powerfull I have ever used. The only thing that comes close is Corel's Painter, but that works differently, and I wish painter had some of the abilities and layout of photoshop much of the time(though thats probably because I am mostly used to photoshop and not the other way around, there are also occasionally things i wish photoshop did better that painter handles well).

i wouldn;t say one application is better then the other...it depends on the user and their preference and style of graphic design. Personally, I like to use Photoshop over other applications...but that is simply because it's the software I started and learned from.

I use both Corel Draw and Photoshop.They are both very good for different purposes. Corel Draw is exelent for vectorbased grafic, witch allso can be exported for the web. Photoshop on the other hand is very good for pixelbased grafics. I mainly us it for alterations of existing grafic, witch Corel Draw can not do (except if I usa Corel Photopaint, but that program is a lot less advanced than Photoshop).In basic the main reason for using Photoshop for the net, is that it is good for handling pixelbased grafic. Corel Draw is more for illustrations to print.

I wouldn;t say one application is better then the other...it depends on the user and their preference and style of graphic design. Personally, I like to use Photoshop over other applications...but that is simply because it's the software I started and learned from.

I agree with ChronicLoser. I use Corel Draw, but only because it is what I learned on. I use Corel 7. I have 11, and I have photoshop, but for me to change would mean a learning curve that I don't have time for.

If you haven't made your choice, I would lean to photoshop, mainly because there seems to be more designers who use it and it seams it is easier to get help though forums.

I use Photoshop because not only is it very powerful software, but I'm used to it. For me Photoshop has always worked well, and I will continue to use it. I am a bit wary of Corel, on the other hand, because I once bought one of their products and found it to be completely awful (R.A.V.E. 2 isn't software -- it's a coaster), and until I'm shown that Corel is better for pixel based graphics, I'm sticking with Photoshop.

CorelDrawCorel Draw?

For thise of you out there - and I know there are several - who still think Adobe is the end-all of graphics software, you're brainwashed and ignorant. CorelDraw is MUCH better than Illustrator and easier to use. Adobe is brilliant at marketing - they give their software away for FREE to art schools and that's the ONLY reason it is such an industry favorite.  But products like InDesign are no more than conglomerate bulk of bits and pieces of other Adobe products.  Theire main goal is to get more money out of people and that's it!

-reply by M-Artsit