xisto Community
whafizi

What Is Meta Search meta search?

Search engines use different technologies to rank sites. If you want a high ranking page on, for example, Google. You don't exactly have to have a good site. High ranking sites on Google come from many links from well known sites such as NyTimes.com or something that ends in .gov. Yahoo! however, uses a different system. I think they count the number of hits and then have some interesting algorithm figure it out. I don't know on that one. You'd have to check. I usually use Google. But those Meta tags are what Google uses to display your page.

Hi wanhafizi,Meta search is a technology used by many search engines to rank webpages. The technology is based on the keywords found on the meta tags of one's page. The engine categorizes the site on the basis of keywords as found in the meta tags.The answer to your second question is a bit complicated !. There is no full-prooff way to increase your page rankings in the search engines. But one proven fact is that the more your site is linked to by big websites, the more is your page rank.Bye,Bigyan

What I know is: you can put meta tags in every one of your web pages (they look like <meta tag="keywords, keywords, etc."><meta description="blah blah"> (well thats not exactly but its a little same.) but then you can go to some search engines and submit your site and they look for the meta tags...thats how people search you.

Search engines use different technologies to rank sites.  If you want a high ranking page on, for example, Google.  You don't exactly have to have a good site.  High ranking sites on Google come from many links from well known sites such as NyTimes.com or something that ends in .gov.  Yahoo! however, uses a different system.  I think they count the number of hits and then have some interesting algorithm figure it out.  I don't know on that one.  You'd have to check.  I usually use Google.  But those Meta tags are what Google uses to display your page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was aware that google use a combination of popularity of a certain site, for instance if http://www.randomsite.com/ gets most hits from searches from a group of keywords it will be ranked highest for keywords searched from that group, this is then used in conjunction with results from other groups of keywords to get the best matching site. It also means that new sites on the directorty dealing with an old topic will have difficulty ranking highly as traffic from google will undoutabley be lower.

What I know is: you can put meta tags in every one of your web pages (they look like <meta tag="keywords, keywords, etc."><meta description="blah blah"> (well thats not exactly but its a little same.) but then you can go to some search engines and submit your site and they look for the meta tags...thats how people search you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well that explains it but just to be sure:

If your sites is about, throw mes something, dogs for example (my dog just entered my room :)). Then u put this in ur metatags:

<meta tag="Dogs, collar, dogpound, Terrier, something else that has to do with dogs, ..... >

... until you're fed up with adding more keywords.

The meta description is simple too:

<meta description="This is a site about dogs. How to raise, what they need, how to remove flees, etc.>

Just type a story of what ur site is about.

Then ur done! Some searche engines will automatically search for meta tags, but with others you have to submit your site first.

So basically, in order to have a high rank on a search engine one must have:1.- meta keywords on the header of the main page (btw, do you need them in all pages or just on the main)2- be linked to, from websites that have a major amount of visitors and are consider BIG.Is that right? is there any other considerations that a webmaster should keep in mind? and then what does that module on cpanel (the one that says submit to search engines) do then? can you submit, then at some point if your site change its scope resubmit and so on???

A Meta tag is the second line after title or subtitle of the website. Usually online marketers use Meta tags for generating traffic by placing their most effective keywords here. It is used for in site optimization and generally one to three sentences have hyperlinks for websites' most useful keywords.

If you want to add meta to a wordpress page, you can add this function in your functions.php file:

function my_add_meta() {global $post;if ( is_single() ) {printf('<meta name="description" content="%s" />' . PHP_EOL,apply_filters( 'my_add_meta_description_single_item', $myobject->description ));}}add_action( 'wp_head', 'my_add_meta' );

Please note that I use $myobject->description in this example. It means it's a variable. You will need to define the variable. There are many ways to define this variable, in my example, I use the variable of "description" in the Class of $myobject, it prints the meta to head whenever my post has this object attached on it.

The most simple way to add this variable is to use the Custom Field.
Edited by imjjss (see edit history)

Meta-search engines are also referred as multi-threaded engines. This method helps to search several major engines at once. Meta-search engines aggregates content from certain stipulated websites and shows to the user for his or her relevant searched keywords.

What is meta search? how is it being used.
is there any other way we can do so that our page can be one of the best ranking in search engines?

==========================
Meta search is one of the best & most important factor in seo.

google give best or most important to title tag & meta description tag where yahoo give title, description & keyword

for google & other search engine you can do with google keyword suggestion tool for best practice.

this will help you a lot

thank you.
BSmith
Edited by yordan
no advertising here, please (see edit history)