xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ppj

About Css

Hello everyone, i am a newbie of webdesigner, just heard about CSS. can anyone feel free to have a introduction about css? is it a format or somethin

Go to Elated you´ll find some good tutorials for beginners to advanced useres in some of the most important issues on web design there, they also give you a lot of free website templates easy to customize for download...

you can use css for creating a theme for your website. you link all your pages to it, create the font style, page properties, all the different types of formatting stuff and then all you have to do to change the look for your entire site is change that one file... makes your life a lot easier :D

every page on www. haz it's css

Just open every beautiful page , then check the origin code . on the top of the code.you will find the

<style type="text/css">
something something
</style>

You can learn CSS tutorials at http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp . They also have PHP, ASP, HTML, SQL, and many, MANY other tutorials that will provide you with a strong foundation in web design.

CSS is basically a webmaster's best friend in webdesign. Instead of coding the scheme of a particular font, for example, you can declare a CSS scheme that will apply to all fonts.

If you wanna know more, just holler.

CSS is the best thing since sliced bread. My first website project were done with frames. And thanx god I met good friend on the net which intruduced me to CSS.

What is CSS for? It is for declaration of website layout. Headers, footer, height, margins, padding........... Here is some coding without CSS-->> div id=footer; background url(....something http) <--this is not correct HTML code by the way, just to get illustration. Here we can see we made Footer with some background.

We can also make different approach with CSS. We can write HTML code <div id="footer></div>, here we didn't make background declaration. Instead of it, we do it in CSS with code #footer:background:url(....something http);.

So we get separate and clean (X)HTML code which is linked to CSS file to get layout code.

Probably till now newcomer didn't get the picture why is this better. So let me explain. If you site has complex layout, and you are working without CSS separate file, then your HTML file can get 20kB big or more. If you make clean HTML file and separate CSS file, then HTML file is let's say 5kB big and CSS is 10kB big. CSS once loaded stays in cache and file is not needed to be loaded again and only HTML file is. So with CSS we get faster page loading time and feel more flexible with CSS/XHMTL coding style.