xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brouzine

[xp] Port Forwarding? Private And Public Port Ques

hey guys, I'm need some help setting my router.. I'm trying to open my Pop3 and SMTP e-mail ports(Shaw).. My Router config page gives me these options:Private Ip: 192.168.1.??(My computer Ip)Private Port: ???Type: TCP or UDPPublic Port: ???enable: check markIf i wanna forward my 995 Pop3 port.. what should i put in Private Port and Public port places?I need this e-mail working asap.. Please help Many thanks

hey guys, I'm need some help setting my router.. I'm trying to open my Pop3 and SMTP e-mail ports(Shaw).. My Router config page gives me these options:

Private Ip: 192.168.1.??(My computer Ip)

Private Port: ???

Type: TCP or UDP

Public Port: ???

enable: check mark

If i wanna forward my 995 Pop3 port.. what should i put in Private Port and Public port places?

I need this e-mail working asap.. Please help

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

please provide the brand,model,site link. maybe someone could help you.

OK, I don't need the brand/mode/etc. here.Now, I'm not sure of what port/s POP3 run on, so I'll give you an example for SMTP.Enter the same thing for both Public and Private ports. (In the case of SMTP, 25).The port type is TCP in the case of SMTP, POP3 and HTTP (WWW) and usually is.For private IP, you'll have to enter the LAN IP address of the computer your running the daemons (servers) on.And, obviously, you check Enabled. ^_^Hope that helps.

OK, I don't need the brand/mode/etc. here.

Now, I'm not sure of what port/s POP3 run on, so I'll give you an example for SMTP.

Enter the same thing for both Public and Private ports. (In the case of SMTP, 25).

The port type is TCP in the case of SMTP, POP3 and HTTP (WWW) and usually is.

For private IP, you'll have to enter the LAN IP address of the computer your running the daemons (servers) on.

And, obviously, you check Enabled. :)

Hope that helps.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pop3 runs on port 110 according to "Internet network services list" refered by "

Linux Programmer's Manual ".

hey guys, I'm need some help setting my router.. I'm trying to open my Pop3 and SMTP e-mail ports(Shaw).. My Router config page gives me these options:

Private Ip: 192.168.1.??(My computer Ip)

Private Port: ???

Type: TCP or UDP

Public Port: ???

enable: check mark

If i wanna forward my 995 Pop3 port.. what should i put in Private Port and Public port places?

I need this e-mail working asap.. Please help

Many thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do not know what is the NAT program inside your modem's rom.

I can only give a possible setting if redirect is supported:

Private Port: 995Type: TCP Public Port: 110