xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
KrAfTeR

Anyone Play Age Of Mythology? Great RTS Game...

A great game, from the makers of Age of Empires, Esemble Studios'...Anyone else play it? It's my favourite game. There is also the X-Pack, The Titans...

Demo AoM:

Trial Version: Download(from http://www.agecommunity.com/)

Type: .exe

Size: 329.02 MB

Demo AoM: The Titans X-Pack:

Trial Version: Download(from http://www.agecommunity.com/)

Type: .zip - (Winzip is Needed, get it: Here).

Size: 30.42 MB

Download the Trials, and give them a go! AoM's a great game, you have 3 different civilizations, The Greeks(Which are the most similar to civs in AoE and AoK), the Egyptians(Build and gather recources the slowest, but can get the pharo to empower, to make it faster. Ra's priest can also empower), and the Norse(Infantry build buildings!). Each civ has there own different styles of play. For example, Norse are great for rushing (quick attacks).

There are 9 different gods to choose from, each with there different bonuses, They are...Greek Gods: Zeus, Hades, Posiedon...Egyptian: Ra, Isis, Set...Norse: Odin, Thor, Loki. There are four ages to advance, You start in Archaic, then Classical, then Heroic and last, the Mythic Age. Each time you advance, you choose one out of 2 minor gods, who has there own upgrades, myth units and God Powers.

There are four recource types, Food, Wood, Gold and Favor. Favor is got by praying at the temple(Greek Gods), building Monuments(Egyptian Gods), and Fighting & Killing(The Norse Gods). There are also 3 different types of Units, Human(eg. Villagers, soliders, siege weapons, ships), Myth(Creatures and Monsters like the Deadly Medusa, Firebreathing Chimera or the Tank-like Hydra), and last, Heroes(Like Ajax(Greek), Priest(Egyptian) or Hersirs(Norse, which each have different names). The system is based on a Triangle like rock, paper, siccors, Heroes beat Myth units, myth units beat human units and humans beat Heroes.

With AoM: The Titans expansion, it adds a new civilation, the Atlantens. Atlanten villagers do not need to drop off recources to drop points, but just gather it and it automaicly goes into there recource pile, but their villagers cos more recources. The atlantean gods are, Oranos, Kronos and Gaia. The expansion pack also adds another campaign and other options like Auto-que, (eg. you build a villager from your town center, then click auto-que, and it will keep making villagers and you don't have to click it again unless you want it to stop making them).

Well there you go...an overveiw...have fun!

i was very disapointed, when i played to aom ! the campaign story is'nt very good, graphics hard for eyes, but it music is wonderfull ! The editor campaing is catastrophic ! No AI, we'ra just one to play ! If there are few goods points, there are a lot of bad points !!!!!!! That's why I was disapointed ! And i expected to AOM would be as good as AOE II !

i am playing age of mythologyi have play Age of Empires tooi think age of mythology is much better than age of empires , i think the story of each myth ,i always uses egyptian , ra and set ,it is so powerful and the petsuchos need not much sourses but have the great damagei also play this game on the eos serverhope can see you in there^^ ~~~!!!

I picked up Age of Myth when it first came out after being hooked on the demo, and I enjoyed it quite a bit beating the single player in less time then I had any game prior to that. I sucked at the multiplayer though, as I do with every RTS ;), but I still put in quite a few hours and read tons of stuff to try and get better. I haven't played it in a while though since I lent it to my friend and I haven't seen him in a while, but I've been fairly tempted to just buy the combo pack now that it can be had for the same price as just the expansion.

I've played AoM too. It's an interesting game, but I didn't finish it... It wasn't so atractive as AoE2. Graphic is good, interface is good, but Age of Empires is better. That's my opinion. By the way... waiting for Age of Empires III :D

I like age of mythology better because it has more functions such as god powers. I like the storyline in age of mythology but i was disappointed that the expansion version was very short. I think AOE has better campaigns and more scenarios to win.