xisto Community
ezincenter

More Questions

1. is there need to pay money if register copyright of my stuff ?(i just simply ask. )2. is there allowed if my website divided to two parts,which is...- use for my personal site (not only intro myself, but got pictures, my work, my flash...and some else things that i uploaded.)- use for business (may be i want sell something, advertise something, or...)i mean the website (which got two different purpose) under the same domain name, same hosting account. i(i can build "link" in my main pages, then the links will link to the both)psssss... i ask so much. but dont expect too high my website. i dont think my site will very advance. as a begineer, i just want a first website, and do somethingthank you

For general information sake, you never need to pay money to own a copyright. Technically, everything you create is copyrighted, sans very generic items such as a piece of paper with "Hi!" on it. Well, technically even that is copyrighted.The important thing to do is always add a copyright notice to works you want copyrighted. That simply lets people know "hey, don't steal my stuff." If you really need stuff documented, then the US government does offer a copyrighting service that costs $25.00 per item. Kind of expensive, but there's a trick people in the business use.Okay, so it's $25 per item, right? Well, what about a CD, DVD, or tape? Yeah, you can hold a ton of photos, literary works, movies, whatnot on those types of media, but if there's one CD, that's one item to copyright. Pretty simple, eh?Most everyone I know doesn't use CDs or DVDs. Instead, they use standard VHS tapes. The reason is simply because CD/DVDs aren't proven to be good archiving mediums, whereas tape uses traditional film (and therefore is). So, just grab a camcorder, and start making a tape of all of your works. You just need to get a general sense of the work (like a photograph or painting), enough to be recognizable. There's no need to spend 20 minutes filming one thing, just a quick shot will do.For websites, you can submit the code in the same manner, but really, you're changing the code so much that it wouldn't do much good. Maybe you could copyright the CSS, but again, that should change. Just post a little ©Copyright 2004 "Your name" and you'll be fine.

Techinically, you don't even need to put the copyright sign.Here's a trick I learnt from another forum.You just send the copyrighted item to yourself in the mail and never open it.The postage mark can act as proof as to when you copyrighted it.Cheap copyright for 50c (at least in Australia).

As the others have stated, you do not have to copyright your stuff. You may, however have to prove it is your stuff one day if someone steals it and attempts to copyright it for themselves.There is a cheaper way than the $25 though. If it is a site you are talking about, simply burn it to cd and mail it to yourself then file it. Should the need arise, it is strong evidence in a court of law proving the material to be yours. Been there, done it.Accorind to the documentation I read about the hosting regulations here, we are not to use the web space for personal storage. If it is part of your site cool, otherwise I don't think it is allowed. ^_^

Copurigth is something different in every contry.. i mean, the way it is handled...For ex: in Colobmia the copyrigth of your song can be very cheap.... but in order to do so..1. You have to register as a "trademark"2. When doing so. you can copyright media (like images, company moto, etc.. in a webpage case it can be a lot of stuff)3. Do u really need Copyright??? as longs as you're not breaking any... and you won't get mad if someone us one of your contents or images... in which case.. u don't need it..

copyright on websites - well this is your proft that you made the site and waste some of precious time which it is made by your own and copied from somewhere else. if someone copy some of your content, you can sent something to the hosting provider of that person. just a mail and state he/she breaks international copyright law. and they should do what they have to do.by the way. you have to put a "mywebsite.com © 2004" at the bottom. thats according to international copyright law and you don't have pay for the proft of your copyright.about Xisto hosting - it's free no need to pay, no banner, just post here and become active. - personal and business class site is welcome. - 1(one) site per person and you can't host someone. you can't coz of lack bandwidth.- and also copyrighted material and hacks can't be hosted in this host. like mp3, soft, serialz, and .... if you did that, you will lose your hosting. coz it's simply an international copyright violations ^_^

I once asked about a copy right for my business name. I was told that I should ad a TM at the end of it for Trade Mark and that should be just fine. I was also told that it was not "have to".All you have to do is be able to prove you had it first. For me it's the creation of my e-mail, and my Myspace account.Good luck !

Keep in mind that copyright and trademark are different things. A copyright applies to any original work by you (the author) giving you exclusive rights to control any type of reproduction of that work, whether it be a piece of code, an essay, a picture, whatever. I know that in Canada registered copyrights apply for the lifetime of the owner plus 70 additional years by the legal estate. A trademark is for a word or a symbol (providing it is non-generic), which gives the owner exclusive rights to use this word or symbol. In order to trade mark something, I'm pretty sure you have to register it.