xisto Community

1. how do i know whether my website hacked by other?i already know 1- got error report log the people who trying to download some page..got any other sympton to know ?2. how is the effect if 1 site hacked by hacker? (is it they copy my files, make my file edited, or.......what)3. any steps to protect my work from . thank you

1. how do i know whether my website hacked by other?

i already know 1-

got error report log the people who trying to download some page..

got any other sympton to know ?

2. how is the effect if 1 site hacked by hacker? (is it they copy my files, make my file edited, or.......what)

3. any steps to protect my work from .

thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

use the program know as alarm hack site thats a goood program i guess

i already know 1-

2. how is the effect if 1 site hacked by hacker? (is it they copy my files, make my file edited, or.......what)

thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Mate,

If it is a good hacker, or more likely, a good group of hackers, you will not detect them easily. Especially if they are using your box to launch attacks on other computers or storing illegal material on there. Check you logs. Look for something supiscious. Always ensure you have all the latest security upgrades for your machine.

I have a server hacked by a romanian group once. I noticed a strange directory and then my server started acting weird (crashing, unusual traffic stats). They deleted the logs so that I could track what they had been doing but I did find that my logs were being writen to /dev/null (written into oblivion).

If your machine has been hacked ... best to wipe it completely and start over.

cheers

hashbang

i already know 1-

thank you

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Hacked"? If it got hacked, you'll know. Since the only reason why one would want to hack it would be to act like a lame scriptkiddy and change some of ur pages so they say : "This site was hacked"

Or something like that..

Other thing they could do is search ur website for passwords, if they're lucky, then you won't know they hacked it; and they'll know your passwords for some things.

You seem to be one of those typical "I haven't got a clue"-kiddo's. Forget the term "hacked". It's no good. For your own good, just forget it. What you mean with it probably is, other people that could do with your site whatever you can do with it. And if they could, then they could do anything you can do; for one, remove everything.

The worst thing that could possibly happen with your website would be it getting changed or removed. So as long as you have a copy of your website on your own pc, ready to replace the one online with, then you won't get in too much trouble.

And as for actually 'finding' "hackers", leave that up to your ISP or webhost.

Well you can think of it this way. If you get 'hacked' (i'd rather have you say cracked), it's probably your own fault, let's say your website gets hacked, this could probably be because of a exploit that was possible in your code. If you use PHP or something like that, try to keep this in mind : ' NEVER EVER trust the input that is POSTED' Then you might be quite safe, unless they 'crack' the whole server, but then you're not to blame.