xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hashbang

Web Content Managers Which do you prefer?

Hey All,

I have been playing with the cpanel and the various addon scripts available. There are a few content management systems in there! What is your favorite and why? I currently have mambo installed but I'm unsure if I'll keep it. I played with geeklog for a bit too.

I have used Postnuke in the past and wanted to try something different this time around. Anyone have any comments regarding these?

cheers

hashbang

Posted Image

I had made a site before.. I usually do not recommend using content management systems. I have made couple of sites and I have always made own scripts for managing the content. The advantage of making your own script is that you are in better control of design and working. Just a thought.. but this might not work in complex cases.

I had made a site before.. I usually do not recommend using content management systems. I have made couple of sites and I have always made own scripts for  managing the content. The advantage of making your own script is that you are in better control of design and working. Just a thought.. but this might not work in complex cases.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I agree. I don't use WYSIWYG web developers either but I was interested to see what happens with some of these content management systems. Their code can easily be modified to suit. I'll continue to have a play.

Thanks

hashbang

I use to be a big user of Content management systems, but have gone out on my own now. I used to use:ipbnuke(php nuke which uses ipb instead of phpbb)phpnukemamboI have gone off the idea of CMS's and much prefer trying to script the content to my own site, to suit my own needs.