xisto Community
sky1405241473

Adidas Makes Shoes With Chips?

Has anyone else heard about the fact that the Adidas shoe comoany is now developing a type of shoe that has a microchip that reads various patters in the way a person runs, making it able to adjust arch support and other stuff like that? It shocked me at first, the idea that even our shoes will now posses mini computers. Not that I'm complaining, I love computers.

It shocked me at first, the idea that even our shoes will now posses mini computers. Not that I'm complaining, I love computers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wouldn't it be funny if someone sent it a virus. (J/K) But I think that it is just one more example of how much we as american's have become dependant on technology.

I think it is also a waste of money for both the company in R&D, and the poor sucker that is buying to stay "hip".

I'm not sure that I will buy a pair of shoes with computers in them any time soon.

Nah it's not always a waste of money. In modernday marathons for example, they use chips attached to shoes to register someones times in between and overall time (the runners walk over some kind of mat with a sensor). Built in chips are handyer and look nicer. Futhermore, it would seem nice to have a schedule of your running if your a professional runner. That way you could determine a few things what you could improve. :)

it's not a new thing...it's already been done. ALl it does it calculate your running patterns/weaknesses and the distance and time you';ve covered. It's pretty useless to you unless you are a long-distance runner like myself =P though i think it's a bit too complicated for something a personal trainer could provide for you by watching you run a lap ^_^

it's not a new thing...it's already been done. ALl it does it calculate your running patterns/weaknesses and the distance and time you';ve covered. It's pretty useless to you unless you are a long-distance runner like myself =P  though i think it's a bit too complicated for something a personal trainer could provide for you by watching you run a lap :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's my guess that it is not new thing that these transmitting, in no time in the automobiles himself I invent the speedometer do you type, after in her bicycles now in the tennis shoes that you have of stranger?

Well, Adidas is a German company...and I think these shoes are overpriced.Wait for another ten years and buy one...LoL.Anyway, there is no need for these kind of overpriced shoes...does jogging needs to be that accurate?! No unless scientists uses them for whatever freak experiments :)

Well it may be useful for research to help athletes out but i don't think it would be useful for anything else because i mean shoes are shoes, just make them nice and comfortable, thats all i care about not so that they've got a chip or anything in them. I mean if your going to make something useful atleast make it something everyone would use

Adidas_1'sThey have a chip and sensor that , calculates the pressure and speed of your steps 500,000 times every second I think.It changes the firmness of your cushion as your running. by using lil motors,The Adidas_1 also has 5 presets of firmness settings, , and u can change it as you go.Okay if your a serious runner, But what i wanna know is... if water leaks into the chip...i think u overpaid by alot for a pair of shoes that has a chip that acts as a weight..

Isn't that the shoe that costs more than $200 a pair? I think that is ridiculous and a waste of money, in my own opinion. I think that money could be spent on better things. I have no idea why anyone would need something so extravagent. It's a neat idea, but I would never spend that much money on a pair of shoes no matter how technologically advanced they are! Heck, I won't spend more than $30 on a pair of shoes! :rolleyes:

This idea may be new for running shoes. But certain ski and snowboard companies have been manufacturing skis and snowboards with chips in them to control the flex for a while now...I figured it was only a matter of time before the technology made it's way into running shoes.

lol, no runners here? What I'd give to have shoes like that...mainly it's for long distance/marathon runners. And believe me...the shoes do make a difference. Last time I ran the marathon, my foot blistered up so bad I couldn't walk normally for a few weeks. lol, limping between classes isn't something you want to do when you're in high school. Unless you're looking for sympathy of course lol

And another thing, $250 isn't too bad for a high-end good running shoe. I've seen some running spikes that are at the $200-$300 mark without the chip. If it still costs about 200 with the chip...it's not all that bad =P The only equipment a runner has is his/her shoes. An official "game-ball" basketball costs over a hundred. Then you need a decent pair of shoes and somewhere to play. A runner only needs some shoes, then can go outside and just run ^_^

Personally, I wouldn't mind giving these shoes a test ride if I had the cash ^_^

I have nothing against runners, but I think this is a pointless waste of technology. After a while, the shoes will wear out, and they (chips and all) will be thrown away, to go sit in a landfill somewhere, poisoning the ground. This is a bit off topic, but I also think that spending money to develop disposable DVDs (as Blockbuster movie rental stores are utilizing) is an entirely pointless waste of effort, time, and resources. The DVDs are watched a few times, and then the data on the disk corrupts, rendering the disk usless trash. This was developed only because people are too lazy to drive back to the store and return a movie they have rented. Microchips in shoes may be useful to people who run, but to me it's just wasted silicon.-Kyle

I agree, it's insane for shoes to have chips and all, but I also agree that they're overpriced. I'm also a long distance runner, and the New Balance shoes I run in work amazing for me. I would never run in anything other than New Balance. What happens when your ADIDAS_1 starts to wear out after a month or two of hard running? Then you just spent $250 on a pair of shoes that you got a few months out of. I'll stick to my shoes that don't cost $250. I like ADIDAS for other sports though, I personally prefer them over anything else for soccer cleats, I think they're nice for wrestling shoes also, but those ADIDAS shoes don't cost $250 a pair.