xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mhykhh

Designing Web Applications How do you design?

Just wanna know other's views/styles/opinions on designing Web Apps... Here is mine:1.) Application Definition=> Explains the mission/goals of the application2.) Target Audience=> Who are you building your Application for? (e.g General Public, Students, Parents, Programmers, etc...)3.) General Requirements Gathering=> Write down all the requirements of the Application (Layout, Graphics, Content, Features, etc...)4.) Technical Requirements Gathering=> All the classes, methods/functions to be used, Plug-ins, etc...5.) Flowchart / Diagram=> Flowchart of the whole Application (not really needed, just an option so I always have a map of where i'm headed :D )6.) Template / Graphics / CSS Creation => This is where Photoshop CS, WYSIWYG editor and Notepad is needed7.) Actual Coding=> PHP Coding...8.) Debugging=> Fix known errors and bugs9.) Browser Compatibility Testing=> Test the Application using different browsers and different versions.10.) Submit the Application=> Web App is done. Do what has to be done (Search Engine submission, submit to clients, etc...)Those are my 10 steps to creating a Web Application. What's yours? ^_^

I feel that is the part of every software life cycle... we had that in our course of software engineering...1. Analysis /Reanalysis2.Design3.Collecting resources4.Coding5.Testing6.Deployingi feel thats enough for any system...

I prefer a free approach to the work..1)Target(The person who buy the project)2)Time to finish the Project(My ,all the times, enemy.)3)Coding4)Developing of new ideas at 2:am ^_^5)Teting and last updates6)Release and product selling7)Last updates and mods for the clientAverange time for a Project: 2 Month or lessAverange profit: T-shirt (arghh) or when I had work for a Company some €€ ;D, and they're better than a Stupid T-Shirt :P'njoy :D