xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soleq

Grand Turismo 4

Honestly, I've been waiting since the release of the PS2 for this game. All I can say is, it's about F*%*# time!GT3 is still by far the best driving simulator out there. From what it looks like, GT4 will meet and beat anything GT3 had to offer.

Why play with GT3, which is three years old, when you can have the latest and greatest on Dec. 16th?And this really shows how much gaming I actually do: I wasn't even aware that NFS had an underground line.

Where in the world is GT4???!?!?!!? No one knows when it releases! I 've been waiting it for it forever! Maybe it releases early January! Hopefully the add some special things to it for making us wait so frickin long! I want this game so bad! Why me?!?!?!? GT4 was to break the barrier for all driving simulators! Why hasn't it released yet?!?!!?

i have already reserved my copy, and i await the arrival of it. gt3 was great, a marvel, but it is nothing compared to gt4. with a new graphics engine, enhanced and refined physics, it will definately please any driving game enthusiast. i am a bit upset though about te no-online play thing. :)

GT is the best serial driving simulator in the world, i think !But I don't know if GT4 is really better than the others.How many cars are in it ?How many races ?How many licenses ?How hard is it ?...

Gran Turismo 4 might just spark my interest to get back into playing racing genre games. I have played Gran Turismo 3 and some aspects of it just turned me away. It definetly had a confusing menu, I can remember that. Hopefully if/when I get Gran Turismo 4 I'll get a force feedback wheel. :)

I went out and bought GT4 on the day of its release (the 23rd I believe). My first impression is: about time! Yes, GT4 does meet and beat my expectations. One nice feature is that you can import your licenses and up to 100,000cr from GT3. So, that saved me a ton of time, but at the expense of the getting started fun. Oh well, there's so much to this game that I honestly am very impressed.The overall gameplay is very similar to the other GT games. There are added tracks (finally), added cars (yes), and improved graphics, sounds, and menus. You can't imagine my surprise when I bought my M3 and discovered Yosemite as a track (I just returned from my wedding in Yosemite). Talk about awesome!The AI seems improved, and there's actually a buzz when you run into something (similar to getting stunned on other games). So no more bumper car feeling!Is this game worth the $50? Definitely. Every other driving game pales in comparison.

I've played GT4 more extensively over the last week or so. After playing it for 12+ hours, I have these further comments to add.The rally racing is more difficult due to the new penalty system. Sure, I hated it initially, but it actually makes more sense and adds a higher degree of difficulty. No longer can I simply act like bumper cars and fly around corners without problem. The traction is not as good either, and the snow mode is downright frustrating at times. The added rally cars are a nice addition, but I'm saddened to see that the prize cars for even the beginning rounds are actually too good. It's almost as if you can trick out a Lancer or Subaru at the beginning, then win a few of those races, and you'd end up with a Cien or Toyota Raider. Of course the Cien is funky, but you get the idea.The suspension system seems more solid. While I only messed around with the settings a little in GT3, GT4's system can make a huge difference to an already awesome car. My M3 went from barely winning some races to absolutely creaming them with a few adjustments. Of course I'd like to credit that to driver skill, but I can't.The driving physics are relatively the same in game. Sure, they say they're upgraded, which they probably are, but I can't tell a huge difference. It's already awesome as it was/is.The models and scenary are gorgeous though. They did a great job with that.My final score for this game is about a 9.6. I like the improvements on an already great game. Internet play would be nice, as would the option for traditional rally races (time trials) or something that I've liked the concept of, one way destination races (much like Nurburgein or however the heck you spell it). Add those, and you'd have my dream game. Without them though, and it's still the best PS2 game I've ever played.

the game is excelent. I just bought a new Force Feedback Pro to paly the game and frankly it is the single greatest racing game I have ever played.It is quite frustrating hwoever because the cars are so hard to drive. I guess I will get the hang of it eventually but really the lack fo traction on some of these tires is a real challenge. I have yet to get 1st place on a race sicne I bought it and the licence tests are a pain.maybe mroe practice will work but its really hard >_<;;... or I just suck but I refuse to believe THAT :D

i think the gran turismo series is great. but i couldnt complete any of it without cheating. i dont even know anyone that completely completed the game. the licences are really hard to get. i just saw this game in the shops and you can trade it in for four games and a buck to get gran turismo 4. its kinda worth it when you have crappy games to trade it in.takes so much time to collect all the cars in the games. but i hate the endurance races to take so much time to complete. i mean real time! maybe about 2 hours for just one race. going around and around, i got really bored too. cant even save it half way through the races...