xisto Community
remonit1405241472

The Best Graphic Sofware

yes i agree with baosen photoshop is very easy and simple program to learn. I use photoshop cs for making my layouts, avatars and also signatures. but i havent tried those other programs before.

I've tried only photoshop thus far and I decided to use it for as long as there is no new version of it or there is a better one and more popular one... I personally never tried any others except for paint? Hahaha...

What's Photohop and Photophop? ^_^ Anyways, Photoshop is an excellent program, but indeed it is expensive. I have tried a few other great programs, namely Micrografx Paint Shop (or something like that), ArcSoft PhotoStudio, Adobe Illustrator and, of course, Macromedia Fireworks. All great programs, but I like Photoshop the best, and Illustrator is next in line.

I am usinge Photosop and CorelDraw. Photoshop for pixelbased grafics and CD for victorbased. You can allso use CorelPhotopain for pixel, but it is not as intuative as Photoshop.What I really like about Photoshop is the feature for Save to web. I know that it uses ImageReady, but I have not seen any program that can compress pictures so much and still have the good quality.Them you have the feature of making Actions in Photoshop. I make a lot of pictures ready for the net, and to make it easy for my self I have automated the process of Save to web. I only press one botton and the the pic is recised, saved for web and closed with out changing the original. That was 13 click reduced to 1.

go get photoshop elements if you can't afford the full version of photoshop. Elements has most if not all of the funtions people here are going to use(unless you guys are doing color correction for print magazines or something).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that Elements is a good lower-cost substitute, but nothing compares to the real deal. The latest version, CS, is a milestone in the photo manipulation genre, and instantly paid for itself with my increase in productivity. But really, image programs are only as valuable as the user's skills. Photoshop is a monster of a program, but if you don't know how to use it, it's overkill. For a beginner, get PS Elements, and fool around with that until you're comfortable enough to spend the $600 for CS.

wow....how many times is this topic going to show up? I don't know how many of these "which is best" topics i've seen thus far lol.

Well, personally, I use Photoshop and Cinema 4D. Cinema to make a 3D rendering, and Photoshop to spice it up. My current signature is made completely by Photoshop, but i combined the two programs to make this layout: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ^_^

I feel like I'm bashing (#!/bin/bash ... hahahaha) the open source bible but I prefer the GIMP. I have used photoshop heavily in the past. It was only a couple of years ago when I decided to stop using any MS products that I forced myself to seek opensource alternatives. I have found that GIMP can do most anything I did in photoshop, sometime quicker and better, sometimes not as well. For me it was an even trade off.go GIMP!cheershashbang

It also depends on how much money you wish to spend on a software. There are many great programs out there for graphics that are costly, or reasonably priced. As well as there are several good graphic programs that are free out there. As the guy above me said, it depends on the quality of graphic artwork you wish to do. I have found jasc paint shop pro number one on the reasonably priced range, and Pixia as the number one free graphic program. It all depends what you wish to do with your picture ^_^

I thing photoshop and Gimp, i dont see better. Certainly on Linux platform thats type graphic aplication not more than Win32, but in linux world many smart programmers and I thing after 2-3 years we will made our works on the linux.

I've used both photoshop and paintshop pro..i like both but i found painshop pro to be fairly easy to work with..especially for making sigs..avatars or whatever. I'm just a NOOB when it comes to grafix though..so i'm not advanced at any of the features in any of the apps. I do however want to learn how to make 3dimesnional images. A friend of mine has used "maya" i believe..and he rendered a nice 3d image of a fantasy character. Looked great.

I use Photoshop it's an easy and clean program, also if you dig into it deep you can really find some amazing things are possible with it. I use it to make signitures and Avatars as well as layouts for websites. The feature of being able to slice your images into peices that are easily managagible is great when makeing a sties layout, makes codeing it so much easier.