xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Flash Or Java Which is Better Flash or Java?

Is Flash will Replace Java in feature?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dun think Flash will EVER take over Java. Flash has it's pros and cons... So has Java. Java is something like "Pure code" and Flash has programmes for you to use where there is a "Feel and Do" Situation. Flash is for not that developed people to use. For experts, most turns to JAVA as the graphics created by JAVA can often be better than Flash. But then again, if you really are an expert in Flash, you can make things better than Java. So there is no point in saying Java takes over Flash or either way round. Both will certainly exist until one goes out of date or un-usable.

I agree that both are as good as one another but I still think that if nothing better comes along and creams them both (this is what will happen in my opinion) , flash will win. Not because it creates better graphics or whaterver but because it is so much more user friendly.

I agree that both are as good as one another but I still think that if nothing better comes along and creams them both (this is what will happen in my opinion) , flash will win. Not because it creates better graphics or whaterver but because it is so much more user friendly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Buddy I agree with your Opnion, They both have their own prons and cor, but how about if we are able to combine both?

Hmmmm....

see java and flash are totally different in my view...Flash is just made for how the web would look like...but java is something deeper and you need to explore...you can divide java into flasy part and dumb part...this much for today...

Java = ALOT OF SCRIPTINGFlash = FEEL AND EDITAgree that Flash is user-friendly... But IF you are those powerful experts who would use nothing more than 'words' ... One would use Java... If you are those kind of 'I dunno how to do this and that'... One would use Flash... LOL... ( Not trying to defame anyone )... It is roughly like that... but if you are skilled enough in Flash, it comes the ActionScripting... Words again... LOL

Flash can be used as complement in Java. But flash will be able never replaced JAVA. Me I would see well an integration of the interfaces flash in java. That would make it possible a developer java to make interfaces much more sympathetic. Flash does not have any concept server development, and any heavy development is completely impossible!

they both are pretty slow so i don't think speed should make a difference, Flash is more for Visual things and Java then again is more for basic and advanced programming (code) stuff....so java will still be alive in the next 20 years and so will flash

I personally believe that Java and Flash are only barely comparable.Java is for programming and has much more functions, where as, I believe that Flash was originally intended for things like movies and animation.Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't really know much about flash.Now, to my opinion.I personally believe Java because there are much more possibilities, but they are merely harder to use.Also, I think Flash requires propriety programs to create.Once again, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi, Yes i agree Flash was ment for animation and presentation , but now now, If you see in the FlashMX(2004) the ActionScript they introduced it seems to be more or less like java concept, I think Macromedia my have an idea to convert Flash into Application Developement Programm also, because if you go through the Flash Comminication Server where Flash can communicate with java, EJB, and Handle Database, Infuture Flash MAY Compete with java.Who knows in the world of may, or may not be .....

I think Flash will triumph when it comes to general multimedia because it allows easier content creation, however, if Flash is to win over Java, then it must beef up its controls and features to be comparable to Java not just in terms of functionality but also with regards to similarity of language constructs. That's what will make it win over even die-hard Java fans. I personally like both.