xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lamnesia

Question

i dont understand how free hosting comanies make thier money... posting in thier forum wont make them money, there is an ad on the side of thier site... but they advertise no ads on thier hosting sites... is there a catch i missed? some sort of hitch? rackspace is a wallet emptier, so they gotta get money somehow...

i dont understand how free hosting comanies make thier money... posting in thier forum wont make them money, there is an ad on the side of thier site... but they advertise no ads on thier hosting sites... is there a catch i missed? some sort of hitch? rackspace is a wallet emptier, so they gotta get money somehow...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the same feeling ... how can they provide free webhosting when we can get nothing free not even water...

How can we earn... without anyone paying us...

or there is someone on the top...

It's a calculated social experiement into emergent cyberculture and online communities. We are all guinnea pigs for a doctoral dissertation.Remember, big borther is watching ...cheersdr. hashbangcyberanthropologist

As has been said this company thrives of providing its members with free "no catches" hosting. Being an advertising supported free hosting company the only income recieved from this site is the advertisements down the right, and others (no popups or huge banners). No profit is made from advertising, just enough to make Xisto carry on indefinitely. To help us out in return for this free and generous service we offer you please click on the advertisements every now and then. (We would really appreciate this ^_^ )

thier are ads(lot of ads) in this forum. anyway just say thnx to admin for providing a banner free hosting for you guys :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha! Now I have proved you Wrong! I removed the ADS on top. The ads on the side of the forum. Hardly any ads are shown of forum index pages and topic lists. Now ads are only shown between topic posts.

i say there are some companies dedicated to helping people and not just the money :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We get reputation and publicity. We got a PAID Hosting company, So people who think that one day, we will convert into a PAID hosting site, forget it. We are not going to do that. Our paid hosting site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Many members who get a good response from their site and start earning revenue shift to our paid hosting option. We dont force them. The % of members who shift is very very small but still, it does help us in a way.

Not to mention the awesome community that we build. Xisto was lauched for the sole purpose of community.