xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

A Good Anonymizer JAP

JAP uses a single static address which is shared by many JAP users. That way neither the visited website, nor an eavesdropper can determine which user visited which website.
How it works

Instead of connecting directly to a webserver, users take a detour, connecting with encryption through several intermediaries, so-called mixes.

Info: JAP uses a predetermined sequence for the mixes. Such a sequence of linked mixes is called a mix cascade. Users can choose between different mix cascades. - more...

Since many users use these intermediaries at the same time, the internet connection of any one single user is hidden among the connections of all the other users. No one, not anyone from outside, not any of the other users, not even the provider of the intermediary service can determine which connection belongs to which user.

Info: A relationship between a connection and its user could only be determined if all intermediaries worked together to sabotage the anonymization. - a detailed description of mixing principles...

The intermediaries (mix providers) are generally provided by independent institutions which officially declare, that they do not keep connection log files or exchange such data with other mix providers.

It is also planned, that independent watchdogs, who work in the name of the JAP users, will insure that the mix providers hold to their official declarations.

Its free fro download at

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

enjoy.... :P

I've seen this program, though I see one potential flaw in the overall concept. Suppose that you're using the anonymizer for forums (as we all know that each post also contains our IP for admins to peek at). Now suppose that a single user gets IP banned on a well-established forum. This would cause the entire userbase of JAP to also be denied access since they all "share" the same IP, correct?I've been using a program called NetShade which cycles through a list of anonymizers. I use it only when I need it, as it does add a small delay when accessing servers. However, I do prefer the cycling of IPs over a single shared IP.