xisto Community
MajesticTreeFrog

Which Martial Art Do You Practice self explanatory.

lol.Cuong nhu is vietnamese. It means hard soft and it is basically a Mixed martial art, where you start with karate and then blend techniques from other styles.Wing Chun is a form of Kung Fu, its what bruce lee learned before be created Jeet Kun DoTai chi is also chinese, it is a very internal martial arts with very slow movements. I haven't taken much of this one, but I really liked it. I am trying to find another place to take it that fits my time/budgetKarate is a japanese martial art. What I took was a kick heavy form that was basically karate mixed with tae kwan do and was essential a sport style rather than actual combat.

tks mate i guess i know more now.. I wanted to learn these stuff but i dun get time.... Karate seems to be very popular. Kung Fu tooo but i havent heard of the rest.. anyway tks for taking u r time explainning,,,

I don't practise martial arts, but my oldest brother does, he has practised karate, wing chun and is now been doing tai chi for some years, he's also learnt a mixture of other arts. When he's older, he would like his retirement to be teaching martial arts. It's quite strange hearing a 50 year old (his grandmaster) still being able to beat him even though you would think being young and still more energetic, you would be able to easily take on someone who may require a pacemaker.This really shows that martial arts is quite a good thing and can keep you fit, and if I weren't too involved in computers I would have learnt more about it, I did boxing for 2 years but it was only to build my upper body, as I'm into physical (bulk) appearance and just keeping taut, toned and trim.Cheers,MC

KICKBOXING. That is all. Speed, agility, reflexes. Did a little bit of grappling (sp). I work for several clubs so none of the other martial arts are going to help. The rest deal with dicipline. This deals with speed and how it feels to get hit and how to respond after you get hit. When people get hit, they are all like WTF and don't know how to respond. Kickboxing willl make you learn your opponent fast and teach you not to ever get hit like that again.

Karate is the most overrated form of martial arts ever, i took it for 3 years, and all it got me was -400 dollars.pathetic, if someone comes and attacks me, i dont think of the karate stuff i was taught, i think bite, kick in balls, scratch, etc...why because all karate taught me was make wierd noises, and shout.

Wow, then you did get ripped. Apparently you went to a terrible karate school. Granted, there are LOTS of terrible karate schools. But thats because karate is no longer really a martial art, its more a sport that pretends its a martial art, just like tae kwon do.

If you have already done kickboxing, go take Aikido and Jujitsu, any sub-style will probably do, and you will learn most of the stuff you would learn in BJJ or a MMA school. Muay Thai might be harder to do, but It is mainly a form of very brutal kickboxing.

i did karate (shotokan) for about 5 years but stopped several years ago, i also did a little kick boxing a couple of years ago but didn't enjoy it to much. I now practise Karate (Goya-Ra-Ru), which is a style similar to shotokan but with a little chinese influance mainly from kung-fu. i also practise Takwondo (sp?!) however this has only been for a couple of months so far, and i'm finding it far more demanding that karate.

*Sigh* Sadly, I'm not into any Martial Arts yet but I'm very highly interested into taking one or two. (Actually, I'm taking fencing and that's kinda time-consuming along with piano and so on...) But I'm really into Tae kwon do, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Karate that's been mixed into other types and martial combat. When I have time, I read up on different martial arts since I don't have the time to join nor sign up. Currently, I am futhermore interested into the 'bo.' I'm sure a lot of you heard of it. It's a long and very thin bamboo stick, about 5 ft. long (?). I find this art especially special and elegant (in a combat type of way). Though it is very, very hard to master and one must have the dedication. And I definitely do not but it's fun reading about it and watching the masters fight it out. x]

Jeet Kun Do, i did that a very long time ago, when i was 9 years old i think, i used to do kick boxing and tae kwon do some time ago, now i do nothing, i just sit my a$$ all day :D would like to get back to tae kwon do thow...

I took up Tang Soo Do for awhile, but for lack of money I had to quit. My brother-in-law was my teacher. He is a 4th degree black belt and had his own school, but moved 5 states away, and he let me take classes for little or no money. Now, I don't have enough money to go to another school. I would love to take up classes again. Martial arts was a great way to keep fit, and it made me feel more confident about myself. And if I were ever in a dangerous situation I know I would be able to defend myself.