xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xxnolif3xx

Madden 2005 Or Nfl 2k5 Espn

I am a "Maddenite." I've been playing Madden since 1994. It's simply unmatched. While 2k5 may have some interesting features. Madden offers the best overall gameplay and realism. I recently purchased Madden 2005 (waited at the door of the local video game store the night it came out, actually) and it just get's better. Madden trumps 2k5 anyday.

Posted Image

W007!

I think both are great games and they each offer a little something different. That being said, I still prefer Madden. It will be interesting to see what happens to the series now that EA has exclusive rights to the NFL.

I have recently changed my favorite football game to ESPN. 2k5 was by far the best out of the ESPN series, and beat Madden in almost every category, especially in graphics and sound. Madden also has very annoying commentary, which ESPN NFL 2K5 does not have, especailly when adding in Chris Berman and other announcers into the mix. ESPN NFL 2k5 also has a great in-depth franchise mode, which is very fun to play.

I have to go with the Madden! I too have been playing since '94 and u just can't beat it! Football players probably appreciate it the most b/c of the strategy involved. 2K is more of a run and gun type gameplay, but in '05 you can really only get away with that style on All-Madden mode w/ Vick and the Falcons. I do love the speed of 2K, but nearly anyone can get good at it fairly quickly with a few games and some tips from your peers. Playing '05 in All Madden mode can be extremely frustrating at first. You really have to understand football and what teams can do what to be successful vs. the computer. I think as far as man vs. man, any of the two work well for bragging rights. But I know that you have a better since of fulfillment being a Madden champion than a 2K champ :rolleyes: -KAP

I am a 2k5 fan myself. Its pretty much equal if not better on many fronts. The fact that its only $20 is a huge selling point. Also it has a much better online mode for Xbox Live, which is very important to me.

Look its real simple I've had madden since the SNES days with MADDEN 93. I am a madden-aholic I breathe and eat football :P.. NFL 2K5 and all the rest of the comeptitors video games suck. I have Espn NFL 2k5 and its the biggest waste of $20 i have ever spent in my entire left. But to be honest Madden 05 for me was a dissapoint ment i prefer Madden 04's physics to Madden 05 and the graphics are equal so it really wasnt that much of an improvement.. Now Madden 06 is gonna rock becuz the physics have changed the teams will have draft day picks and just the hype about the game is very much amussing lol.... But yea thats my arguement I believe the Best Sports Games are Made By EA SPORTS just due to the realistic element of the game and how they make it seems that the player is really in the game controlling everyones move. Oh BTW ill own anyone on PS2 Madden 04 online :P

But then that brings up another point. The fact that EA bought the liscensing rights to NFL games means that they will have a monopoly in the NFL football video game market. That is no good for the consumer. EA won't have to keep inovating MADDEN becacuase there is no competion. They can just keep pumping them out only changing the rosters. And people will still buy it because its the only NFL football game. They will also be able to charge what ever they want because there is no competion

Well, I have both games.Both games in my opinion or great solid games with each having their own strength and weaknesses. Madden in my opinion is a lot more fun to play than ESPN. Although ESPN does have its tremendous graphics.Everything else seems the same though, SEASON, FEATURES, etc.

I am a "Maddenite."  I've been playing Madden since 1994.  It's simply unmatched.  While 2k5 may have some interesting features.  Madden offers the best overall gameplay and realism.  I recently purchased Madden 2005 (waited at the door of the local video game store the night it came out, actually) and it just get's better.  Madden trumps 2k5 anyday.

Posted Image

W007!

1064280824[/snapback]