xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rmdort

Vote For The Best Cms

Which is the Best CMS?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've a question - are blogging systems counted as CMS-es? I've read somewhere that blogging platforms count too, like Blogger and Movable Type. If they're I would say they are really useful CMS as well for managing and archiving information in a simple way

I am in a middle of CMS research and testing for the community site i am about to start, but whenever i search for 'the best cms' or even 'the best community cms' i got nothing relevant. I am aware that there's no best cms, but best for your situation. However, i am still asking myself and now..yourself what is the best cms for comprehensive community building? What are your experiences and opinions.It's easy to put up a forum and start a community by that, but i am searching for something more around that forum. I want to provide my visitors more options than one forum can give.What my CMS needs is:- full phpbb integration- blogging capability- articles section- ability of exporting 'hot topics' on other pages from phpbb forums- polls and petitions- RSS news agreggator- great scalability for future growth (multi server setups)- best possible performance and speed, stability- very good overall reputation- ease of use both by admin and usersI made the above list more on the fly, but that sums up generaly what is most important to me.Just to mention, i heard that drupal has some special reputation and is known by its taxonomy, but misses phpbb integration and i don't like their built in forums (newbb if i am not wrong) Also i know that mambo is by many considered the best, but i got the impression that it just isn't meant for these kinds of community driven sites. Typo3 has everything, but that everything may turn to be too much, and it's requirements are too much which may result in lower performance. As for nukes.. i don't know what to say really.. there are simply too much clones that i end up confused.. CPG nuke sounds good, PHP nuke is very popular and all have phpbb integration. Are nukes good for community driven sites

Hi all,I always go for Nuke, as it comes with cool look n feel, and highly configurable, remarkable back support by lots of forms and open source community,and can easily integrate with the native website llok n feel. what else we need.CheersArunkumar.H.G

I have been using PHP-Nuke with phpBB since version 6.8 (the phpBB started in 6.5) and I also have an IPB Nuke that integrates the forums with php_nUke 7.4 and I am altering it so that it will work with the newer versions. I set up the IPB Nuke on Xisto and run the PHP-Nuke 7.7.0.3 (the newest release) on my other server. That way I take care of users that might want the IPB for a fuorum instead of the phpBB which I write ported mods for to see the difference you can see the PHP-Nuke 7.7.3 here with the mods for phpBB right here at NukeXtra and if you want to view one with the IPB BB Code altered by me to look a little more like my PHP-Nuke forums go here IPB Nuke Xtra and see what you think.

Hi,I have been using PHP Nuke as well as postNuke now for years. FB has his own way of doing things and while I understand perfectly well that he needs to make a living like everyone else, his concept of "delayware" as it has been described in an other post of this fine board, is something you either like or not. I am not a developer, nor a coder, I take a user's perspective. Yeah, ppl, there *is* still this kind of guy around who wants nothing else but just use this piece of software. ;) I remember very well the hot flame wars, the forks, all the different developments of these long gone days. And it seems to me, that things go better if there is a large group of people working in a project. Especially the speed of bug elimination is awesome when it comes to postNuke. Four eyes see more [errors] than two and a hundred eyes... you know what I mean. I give FB credit though for still holding on to his concept. Just my 2 cents, curare

What my CMS needs is:

- full phpbb integration

- blogging capability

- articles section

- ability of exporting 'hot topics' on other pages from phpbb forums

- polls and petitions

- RSS news agreggator

- great scalability for future growth (multi server setups)

- best possible performance and speed, stability

- very good overall reputation

- ease of use both by admin and users

1064284274[/snapback]

Some of the famous CMS are added to the poll list and a few non-famous yet good CMS were left out , but i dont blame the thread starter. There are like hundreds of CMS out there on the net , and searching for the best one can be a pain.

Just for you to know "pedro" , some of the features you mentioned is available in a CMS called "MKPortal" , i have used it many times and kept testing it but i have a varying mind so i cant stick to one. But i think all that you are looking for in a CMS is there incl. blog.

PHP-Nuke is the best , but hell slow. Believe me when i say slow because the more plugins and themes you add in the more slow it gets. CMS's like MKPortal or e107 are the smallest yet best available, with many addons and themes available.

Check them out :

http://www.e107.org/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Regards

Dhanesh

I never used any of those, but I saw php-nuke and php website running and i gave my vote for php website, even though I never used it as administrator, I prefer to use something I made myself, but of course if there is no time, it is a good alternative. ;)

I my opinion, the best choice is XOOP , which is not listed here. I found it very useful and easy-to-use. I'm using it for my class' website. It's a module-based portal system. Try it, I know you'll like it.

I my opinion, the best choice is XOOP , which is not listed here. I found it very useful and easy-to-use. I'm using it for my class' website. It's a module-based portal system. Try it, I know you'll like it.

1064329889[/snapback]

I agree...I have been using XOOPS for some time and have been very satisfied with it. Installing is very straightforward and the multitude of customizable modules and themes available provide excellent personalization and the ability to even create totally new ones if you are so inclined to do so.

I do have my doubts however about the most recent release so I prefer the older version...I am anxiously awaiting the release of XOOPS 4 âXoosphereâ, slated for completion 1st half of 2006. Hopefully it will be much better then the current version!