xisto Community
gogaoep

Half-life 2 Half-Life 2. Mods, maps, ect

Its going to be a while before solid ports are done. The game has only been out a short while in its final form. Even those ports based on the beta that was leaked a year ago will probably need substantial changes. Even the mods that do rush out will probably need some time to mature. Go play neverwinter nights or something for a month, then look around.

When you install Half-Life 2, it updates all Valve games to the source engine. I'm not sure if it does it with every mod, (It does for CS and DOD) but if it does, that should add some new life to them. Also, search on FilePlanet and stuff- you'll probably find mods you've never heard of there. And if all else fails, dogpile. :P

like others said hl2 is fairly newly released its ganna be awhile til mods are made for itthat and if ya bought hl2 from a store such as walmart ya dont get hl1source or dodsource just hl2 and cs source which sucks...

yes as its been said before, it is fairly new. and if their are any mods out, they probably are not worth downloading. give it a year. than maybe it might come out of its shell, heck even give it less time.

there's a STRIDER MOD on PlanetHalflife.com , which in it you play as a STRIDER and control it and attack combine and so on .. i don't know if it's story based or just a couple of levels or what .. but it sure looks good

there's a STRIDER MOD on PlanetHalflife.com , which in it you play as a STRIDER and control it and attack combine and so on .. i don't know if it's story based or just a couple of levels or what .. but it sure looks good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also you can check out halflife2.filefront.com there are alot of mods building about for half life 2 now, one of them is called the Substance mod, its aimed at those who didnt enjoy the ending of half life 2 and is meant to add in more elements to the story of the game. I myself Havent reached the end yet so I havent checked it out personally, but i hear from alot of people in forums and also in CS:S games that its quite well done.

yes, there is one mod i know of that allows you to use/abuse HL2's unique physics engine and construct anything from the default objects in HL2. i saw a scrreshot of a rocketship somene had made using oxygen tanks some boards and parts of a car.

reACTION Half Life 2!My friend is on the build team and it's going to essentially what Action would have built it Action Unreal hadn't been their last mod. No Idea on a release date yet, but from what I've heard and seen it is going to be amazing!

yes, there is one mod i know of that allows you to use/abuse HL2's unique physics engine and construct anything from the default objects in HL2.  i saw a scrreshot of a rocketship somene had made using oxygen tanks some boards and parts of a car.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One of the mods like this is called Garrys Mod v6. It is the only bod I have downloaded so far, and is the only game I'm playing right now. There are other mods like this, but I like garrys mod the best.

i really want to play this game on my system but its far too advanced for my system. i can just about play command and conquer generrals on the lowest graphics. i think its one of the best first person shooter there is on the computer.