xisto Community
rmdort

How To Clear All Desktop Icons

SO do u want a plain desktop??.. without any icons jus a amazing wallpaper...Its a simple tweak On the desktiop ..1. Right Click2. Goto "arrange icons by"3. Uncheck Show desktop icons..It is as simple as that..

Chilipie that deletes them and you (I or someone) does not want that, rmdorts way just hides them. I do not think it is a good idea to delete the desktop icons, maybe not good but stupid. hideing them is better. why delete them?

Chilipie that deletes them and you (I or someone) does not want that, rmdorts way just hides them. I do not think it is a good idea to delete the desktop icons, maybe not good but stupid. hideing them is better. why delete them?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was joking man. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously...

hmm ... y do u wan a plain destop ?desktop icons are nice shotcuts and that would save u alot of time locating the folder or files that u will wan to run alwaystry delete those icons that u dun need or not-that-often used iconsi tried that hide icons .. n im totally dun like it .. lol ... may be just because my wallpaper sucks :Pi think i would use this command more often if my bg is a nice babe in swimsuit or without anything :P

lol, as long as you keep everything in well-marked folders, you don't have to worry about clustering yout desktop too much. As for hiding all the icons...i don't know. The icons are supposed to make things faster. If you get rid of it, it's like studying a book when every other page is blank and the order of the chapters are completely random. It's going to take a longer time to find things ^_^

hmm ... y do u wan a plain destop ?

desktop icons are nice shotcuts and that would save u alot of time locating the folder or files that u will wan to run always

try delete those icons that u dun need or not-that-often used icons

i tried that hide icons .. n im totally dun like it .. lol ... may be just because my wallpaper sucks :P

i think i would use this command more often if my bg is a nice babe in swimsuit or without anything  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, you might say that they are nice sho®tcuts, but they do ask 500kb of your RAM... each of them! not so nice, eh? that's why you could better have them all grouped in the start - programs folder, and have about 10, 15 on your desktop.

oh, and if you did the 'Ctrl-A >> Delete' thing, you could also right-click on the trashcan and choose restore, because ctrl-z won't work after some time

ofcourse, there shouldn't be *real* trash in the trashcan :o

i love to have clear icons on my desktop. it shows really clearly your wallpaper on the background. but when you have icons all fill up on your desktop it just looks really messy and hard to find the shortcut you really want. maybe its just me that is a very organised person who like clean simple things.... oh well :P

Firstly, may I say icons are on the desktop for a purpose: they make tasks quicker. Secondly, the likes of My Computer and Recycle Bin icons can not be deleted so easily. In fact, the only way to do it is to somehow overwrite key components in Windows, which would be illegal and stupid. Finally, I have a very organised desktop. My Computer and shortcuts to drives are along the far left hand side, recycle bin is in the bottom right corner (because I rarely use it), and the rest of my icons are lined according to the program type. For example, my media program icons are in one column, Office in another, and folders in the far right. Keeping icons of programs that you use on the desktop is quicker than keeping them to the start menu.

OK i wanna add my 2 cents...I have a clear desktop cuz i hide my icons. I like seeing the wallpaper behind, plus with all of the stuff i have on my computer the desktop is somewhat cluttered haha.And in all reality i do delete some of that stuff because unless you save files and other stuff to your desktop, it is all nothing but shortcuts which there isnt really any harm in deleting.I ususally just slap what i need in the quick launch or in the shortcut list in the Start Menu.