xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Stand & Fight

Great Windows Tweaks

well, i dont mean to crash your party here, but installing tweaks and other windows enhancers is a very bad idea...they install other programs that will give your computer viruses, get information from your computer that you might want to hide (god knows what) and put popups and annoying advertisements all over your computer as soon as you start up...trust me ive been through it and its not worth it! my comp is still loaded with popups and toolbars and stuff that wont go away...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would hope you have been smart enough to run programs like 'Ad-Aware' and 'Spybot Search & Destroy' already, but just incase you haven't, make sure you download and run these programs. These two programs will usually delete all the spyware/adware on your computer, but sometimes some of it slides through... giving you constant headaches. For these little buggers... I urge you to visit the Gladiator Security Forum. On these forums will you find a quick guide on how to properly install and run HijackThis. For a current version of HijackThis, go to THIS THREAD. Once you have downloaded and installed the program to an appropriate folder, run it and save your log. Post that log in THIS FORUM SECTION and within 24 hours you will receive instructions on how to get rid of all the baddies on your computer.

These guys have saved me a couple of times already when Ad-Aware has failed me... I can almost guarantee they will get rid of your pop-ups and toolbars.