xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
illusion

How To Check U'r Site Rank.

Your Google rank is a position of your site's listing in pure, unpaid search results with a given keyword. E.g., if your rank is 8 with the keywords "widget", it means a serching person will see in in the 8th position in Google's search results.

You can check your rankings in two ways:

- by hand

- using a ranking checking software.

I wouldn't consider manual checks because they are way too consuming. So, your choice would probably go to a specialized software program like https://www.webceo.com/

What is good about Web CEO, it can check your rankings both directly by scanning actual search engine results pages (Google might have objections accoring to their terms of use) and via Google API (a special way sanctioned by Google). Both ways are okay because the software has the best anti-detection means in the industry.

You can simply download the free deition of Web CEO from http://download.webceo.com/out/1481224359.50051/webceo.exe and give it a try. It is a working version with certain limitations but it will never expire and has a lot of other useful SEO features (10 tools).

I hope this helps!

-----Copied without quotes from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

yea...it might help. It kind of gives you an idea of how decent your website is doing in comparison to other sites with similiar content =P it doesn't necessarily mean the site is better though... ^_^ it's a shame how there so many good sites with good content but can't do well with rankings -_-

Google ranks you on how many link you have comming from other sites to yours. To up your ranking all you have to do is convice other sites that your is so good that they should have a link to it.

Thanks alot Darren. I was really confused about that process. I thought you just needed alot of Page views to up your ranking. I;ve heard that if you pay google, sometimes they may make your page a higher rank on certain searches. Can anyone please confirm this?

I dunt think so.. the rank shows how popular u'r site is.. popular mean how man visiters visit U'r site on daily bases or hourly bases..and as far increasing the trafic of site always beena hot Issue so i cant tell the specific way u shoulld ask froma any professional:)

I dunt think so.. the rank shows how popular u'r site is.. popular mean how man visiters visit U'r site on daily bases or hourly bases..

and as far increasing the trafic of site always beena  hot Issue so i cant tell the specific way u shoulld ask froma any professional:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were right. I was told something wrong. Google uses more than 100 different variables to rank it's search results, including but of course not limited to the one mentioned above. For more details refer to - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Sorry about giving you all the wrong answer. :P .

I find Google's ranking system rather confusing. I always had. I prefer to just block out all this misc information people give me and just think that it is based on popularity ^.^ it makes my life so much easier lol

I;ve heard that if you pay google, sometimes they may make your page a higher rank on certain searches. Can anyone please confirm this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may pay for your rank, I confirm this. If you look at the bottom of Google hompage, you will see "Business Solutions" section. This section will enable you to pay for rank in the program called "Google AdWord". Just try typing "cheap hosting" on Google page and there list on the right side many guys who pay to be listed on the top. The money will be charged pay per click.

You may pay for your rank, I confirm this. If you look at the bottom of Google hompage, you will see "Business Solutions" section. This section will enable you to pay for rank in the program called "Google AdWord". Just try typing "cheap hosting" on Google page and there list on the right side many guys who pay to be listed on the top. The money will be charged pay per click.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While we are on the subject of google adword, does anyone know how much they pay (I mean if you have the google ads on your site)? I would say from the info above that they would pay per click the same as they charge.

As far as I know rates are based on how much advertisers will pay. Like some advertisement on adwords will pay 6 cents, other 3, etc.. per click.ranking well on google, well relevance will help too, relevance of your sites url, title, keyword, description to your content..

It depends on your competitors! It means that you have do bid for the rank. For example, you and your competitors want the results for the key word: "cheap hosting" to be lists on the top, you will pay to beat others to be ranked in the higher position than they are. Sometime, it is hard for you who have the shallow wallet to run for it with other big guys in the same industry. The pay-per-click cost may vary from few cents to fews dollars. That is a big deal then?

You may pay for your rank, I confirm this

You do not pay for your rank . You pay for displaying your advertisement (adwords)

BUT some how u may be ranked higher in SERP if u join the adword .. this is because by participating in adwords, ur website will be out of the SANDBOX sooner and u will be listed in SERP sooner if ur website is new.

Sandbox theory is that google will filter those new website that are submited and will not list them in SERP (search engine resulf page) for a few months -- (this only applies to quite competitive keywords) .

thus, paying for advertisement will overall help ur website out

thus, paying for advertisement will overall help ur website out

As your site are listed on top as "sponsor link" you address is promoted. Event if you don't take time visiting those sites, you will keep in mind the service and the address of those listed site. This is the main purpose of most of them. It is the very interesting story to see what new guy appears in the same industry on google. More and more new companies join the program, and most of them have to pay more than the prior-listed companies. This sounds a bit painful, but we must accept it. it's the marketting, not merely the technical issue!