xisto Community
ThinkEr1405241472

War In Iraq War in iraq

This is how I see it and I might not be completely accurate, so feel free to correct me:Aside from wether there were or were not WMD or wether we thought there were or not, the UN has been trying to get investigators into Iraq to check for WMD for how long? Iraq was be uncooperative and continuing to deceive the investigators. There were threats made, but Saddam just sat back and relaxed in his mansions, knowing that the UN wouldn't take military action. This went on for years, until after Sept 11 we realized that we needed to defend ourselves against possible threats, so the US decided the the time was finally past for Iraq to cooperate and we stayed true to our warnings of military action, which sends a message to hostile countries that the US won't just play dead, but will make a difference in the world.Even if there never were WMD, Saddam needed to be stopped. People have said that a lot of innocent Iraqis have died because of this war. That is true and I feel bad that that had to happen, but think of the many more that would have been killed and tortured during that same time if Saddam was still in power. He had been committing genocide killing hundreds of thousands of people.And now they will be free. It won't and hasn't been easy, but Iraq is so much better off as it moves towards democracy. I think times are hard from them right now and will get worse before they get better, but it is worth it for them and many of the Iraqis realize that. Some do not and fight democracy, but I think most do. I still remember "L Day" as it was called when I watched on the news as the free Iraqi people tore down the statue of Saddam after they were liberated.I think their are so many positive benefits of this war that it was worth the sacrifice. Not that this war was essential, but I think it made the world a lot better.

I'm actually really, undeniably upset about Bush's decision to go to war with Iraq. I do see the reasons why he would want to war but *ahem*, I have to guess that a large number of soldiers over there in the Middle East do not exactly see what they're fighting for. (Sure, some may support Bush but still...) I mean if Bush wants to go to war so badly, why doesn't he and whoever else who is against him or supports him on this war issue fight it out themselves in one of those Roman arenas in their drawers with a bat or something instead of sending all these troops of American soldiers over there. I do question if some of them actually want to go over there and carry out the orders but that is just a sheer assumption.And for anybody who watched Opera on Monday, what about Africa? Gee loh weezers, that's country has been in ruins and trouble for decades and what has anybody done for that poor place? *Coughs* Not very much, sadly to say. Geocide in Rwanda since 1994 and it's still going on. I can't even type out what's happening to the women and children over there. It's inexpicably sick and disgusting. Ugh, makes me wanna puke. Seriously, what is Bush doing in Iraq when Africa is even in more turmoil?! Actually, I take that back. Iraq and the Middle East has also been in mumbo jumbo as well but...You know, I won't be surprised if Bush decides to invade Russia like Napolean and Hitler did (whoops, inside joke, my bad...). But then my dad who didn't get the inside joke said, "Who in the world wants to invade Russia?! There's not much there when you think about it..." But for a president like Bush, *sigh* you really never know...

I read these responses and wounder how you could be so blind, because of us Iraq had elections! They are a free country rather than rules by a dictator! Yet is this not make the sacrifices of our soldiers worth while?? that is their job, this wars has two parts to it, we stop saddam from possibly attacking us and killing innocent civilians and we make Iraq a free country.