xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mossaic91

Needing Ideas For Games

I'm quite curious, what exactly is a MMORPG? I don't think anyone said what exactly it is. If it is explained then show me a quote. Because I'm a bit confused. Is it a game engine or something else.

MMORPG stands for Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Basically, it is the style of game a la Everquest, WoW, Shadowbane, and so on. In these games, unlike other computer RPGs, there is no 'plot'. Instead, things are player driven. There are alse quests: missions NPCs give the player to do for experience, loot, reputation, or other such rewards that generally make the character more powerfull.[opinion]Now, the main point of these gamse strikes me as a sort of socialized hampster wheel for people to waste time on. Sort of like getting stoned and hanging out, only less introspective, and over the internet.[/opinion]

i think i've posted before but the NEW FASHION are not just MMORPGS or MMOGs it's PRESISTANT worlds ... changing contents everyday and so on .. example : City of Heroes ... you go to the website to read some NEWS about stuff happening inside the game ...example : Today the Xeno ALIENS invaded The TV headquarters ,, when u log in the game , you will find the aliens invading ( Comptuer AI or Other human players ) and wars starts and so on this is so FUN but the only problem is you pay for the game and for ths subscription since singleplayer suck .

Creating gets passionate to me games because I like much... I have created several games and the truth is that I like much to create games... When your you learn to create the games you will see that he is very easyl and is apossion.Make your own video games.Share them with friends. Make and explore simulations.Learn thinking skills. And you are the best programing of games xDDDthank you !!!!Bye !!!

I'm kinda new to the game programming language and I need an idea for making a game to post on the internet. Do any of you guys have any tips for me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firstly, what kind of skills do you have? C++, java? etc.. If have the neccsary skills, i would suggest you start off with a simple flash game, or a web-based internet game. After that, you could progress, and start making your own mini 2D RPG Games( not online ), so that you could learn from the process. When you have all the neccsary skills, i would suggest you form a team and make a MMORPG ( Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game ) , and that is what many Indie Game development companies are doing now. They gather team members from various forums. Do keep in mind a game is not easy to make! You can visit http://www.gamedev.net/page/index.html for more info and the forum is very helpful there too :P.. the website have lots of game developing info and i think it will give u all the idea u need :)

cheers .. my 2 cents :)

i think i've posted before but the NEW FASHION are not just MMORPGS or MMOGs
it's PRESISTANT worlds ... changing contents everyday and so on .. example : City of Heroes ...

i agree. worlds that aren't static and the same day in and day out are popular because there's always something new happening, something new to do other than killing the same old monsters, checking for the same old rares, xping till you reach the highest levels etc.

one of things i've always liked and wished it was implemented in the games i play is to have monsters regularly invading player cities and having players work together to ward off the invasion. what'd keep this idea novel is to have different monsters all the time or a mix, and involve storylines.

Although i never created a game myself.... i think it would be fun.... and a good idea for a expert programmer is a game similar to halo style game... halo i presonally think is a great game.... but i bet it would be kinda hard to make... or another idea would be to make a game similar to super mario or games in that nature.... super mario is one of the greatest games of all time... i would like to see someone make a good game simialar to this...

I'm kinda new to the game programming language and I need an idea for making a game to post on the internet. Do any of you guys have any tips for me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've always been wanting a MMORPG with an open-ended economy... For instance, like in World of Warcraft to make a sword you need so many iron bars, so many gems of this type etc... I want an MMORPG where if I want to make a sword i can just take an iron bar, a few gems of my choosing, and make a sword that is completley different than anybody elses. Thats an open-ended economy.

You could change the world of gaming with something like that!