xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mossaic91

Needing Ideas For Games

Depends on what type of game you want to develop , for me I always wanted to make a big Online world before even MMORPGs started to exist ... too bad i didnt register the idea as a patent :Panyways making a Huge Online World built on a new enviroment and charcters i think is kinda stupid , I mean if you build a world arround a popular movie or story book or even an older series of games would be very very attracting ...currently I am developing a simple arcade car racing system that could be used for almost all types of 3D arcade racersSorry I didn't help much but you gotta add more details .

Depends on what type of game you want to develop , for me I always wanted to make a big Online world before even MMORPGs started to exist ... too bad i didnt register the idea as a patent :P

just wondering how old you? more than 50+???
back to topics
you need a group members to built a unique best games.
if you want to build A++ games just for fun, be sure you have an A+ video card :o
also playing more games as you can from old nintendo to the latest releases in pc, and observe every thing about those games. from there you will have lot's of ideas about building games :o
and joining a community of games progz will help you alot :P

I also suggest MMORPGs. Most of the famous games on the internet(free or not) are in that genre. With free games on the internet, have a game similair to runescape(runescape.com). If you want to make a p2p game, make one like Everquest.(Gigantic worlds alot of quests) For both situtations, I suggest that you have a team with you. It will be next to impossible to make a good one just by yourself.

Seriously, man! MMORPG's seem to have just sprung up recently. It's like PHP or ASP, etc. A few years ago, that would have been a fantasy to have automatically generated pages. But now, there are message boards, portals, and all other kinds of automatically generated pages!Anyways, back to the subject. I would suggest just finding games in the genre you are thinking of creating and playing those for ideas. Or, like Hellfire said, assemble a team to help you, and have the team help you with an idea. I'm sure someone who's actually helping with the game would be more motivated to come up with good ideas than just someone who feels like coming up with an idea for the heck of it.

really, MMORPGs have been around for.....a long long time. They just didn't have the fancy graphics, and had shorter acronyms like MUD or MUSH. The idea has been around for a while. If you wanted to make a MMORPG, going the text based route of a MUD or MUSH would be easier, much much much easier. There are also very good programs out there to do it. Even if you do plan on going down the graphics route, I suggest you start with a MUD, the time spent learning how to make a good one will pay off triple when you try to build the big complex one with graphics.

MMORPG can be created with a lot of engines. For example Flash, 3D MAX, Java, PHP... It all depends on what type you want. And you definitely must have a team or else you will take forever(even working 24 hours daily wun work...)

hey mate,build a game around one of your interests. as you can tell, anything can be a game (look at the sim series). perhaps something creative and original. given recent tv shows, what about a csi style game? or one based upon music? sea monkeys? building a reality tv show? ... and so forth. really, the ideas are endless.my point ... be creative and step beyond the obvious.cheers,hashbang

MMORPG can be created with a lot of engines. For example Flash, 3D MAX, Java, PHP... It all depends on what type you want. And you definitely must have a team or else you will take forever(even working 24 hours daily wun work...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I beg to differ. If you're smart enough and have both the time and resources to devote to the project, you may be able to work on it alone, depending on what kind of a MMORPG you're trying to create here. Plus, you can consult various sources and not necessarily have them on your team, i.e. working with you at every step of the way.

Who said PHP or Java was logical? HTML, Basic, C++...good languages. They're based in reason. But JAVA SUCKS! It's so freaking illogical!!! I can't get it to work half the time and the other half it does the opposite of what I expect. But HTML makes sense. BASIC really makes sense (hence the name). C is a bit abstract but still makes more sense than PHP.

I never was really good with PHP. I mean as good as I am with Basic, C or HTML. But I never really got PHP. And I really don't get Java. I guess things never lined up as well. I never did like that $ thingie.