xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bluewind

Why The Speed Of This Website Is So Slow?

WTF? Bytes isn't a measurement of speed. It's a measurement of size. I think you need to check your facts mate. The forum is a bit slow at times though...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm can try to clear you Internet Temporary Files, sometimes it is fulled that cause it very slow loading the webpage.

To clear, it is on IE, choose "Tools" and choose the "Internet Options"

Ferry

hm can try to clear you Internet Temporary Files, sometimes it is fulled that cause it very slow loading the webpage.

To clear, it is on IE, choose "Tools" and choose the "Internet Options"

Ferry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the reason it is so slow for you is the fact that you are using Internet Explorer. I suggest that anyone using IE should try Opera (my personal favourite which claims tyo be the fastest browser on earth ^_^ ) or the very popular Mozilla Firefox. Both browsers are alot faster than IE ever will be.

what would really help is that the admin got rid of these silly URL's

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/80649-topic/?findpost=1064279166

that is so unusful and slows the process down too much, they say talent fuels hosting but i cant share any talent if i cant get on :) could those URLs be removed and the normal re-instated it may take an extra crawl to be,listed but its way better and google do say they support quireed URLS aswell and just aswell so why these ones which arent useful to the members?

For me Xisto loads fine and I experience no problems. Chances are you have an extremely slow connection or you may need to update your browser as well.As for the mod_rewrite endings I believe they are very necessary to increase our popularity and be indexed more among search engines. I believe the endings are more attractive then the haches and dynamic endings the forums create.

i connet this website include the forum is so slow.

sometimes the explorer shows can not find dns

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is probably because of the Ads in between the POSTS. We do not want to spam the users screen with ads. Members expereince at the forums is our first priority. We removed our top banner ad just for the sake of performance. But the ads that are shown in between posts can increase the load time. The AD server ( FALK ) gives problems and the images are sometimes hosted on seperate servers.

The pages take time to load on INTERNET Explorer as IE does not show the page when it is partially downloaded. So IE users will have to wait till the entire page content is loaded.

But these problems are OCCASIONAL when the image servers ( external to Xisto ) are slow.

Very fast on IE, not trying this site on Opera or Firefox yet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Many members dont face speed related issues. I have used a 56 K connection as well as 1 mbps connection, The load time was normal accordingly.

what would really help is that the admin got rid of these silly URL's

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/80649-topic/?findpost=1064279166

that is so unusful and slows the process down too much, they say talent fuels hosting but i cant share any talent if i cant get on :) could those URLs be removed and the normal re-instated it may take an extra crawl to be,listed but its way better and google do say they support quireed URLS aswell and just aswell so why these ones which arent useful to the members?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The MOD_REWRITE hardly takes a fraction of a second. So that part can be ignored. The TEXT IMAGE thing on the Top of the page can take 1 sec extra for 1st time. But once it is cached it is super fast.

We are planning to remove some of the URLs on top. That might help us to get indexed faster.

The server might be overloaded but I seriously doubt that.The problem might be with anything ranging from your computer, your modem or even your ISP.Who knows but you can try switching to a better ISP if your internet browsing is slow or optmise your internet connection with SpeedGuide's TCP Optmizer or get a new browser like Mozilla Firefox, and tweak its network settings by going to about:config