xisto Community
d-and-d

Play Anything?

I was wondering - do any of you guys play an instrument yourself, or do you only listen to other artist's stuff.Personally I play guitar, piano and trombone. I think it great to be able to be creative myself. Does anybody else play anything, have an opinion etc?

I do play with something. It is an application which allows you to create all kinds of drumbeat. What application I'm saying here is Hammerhead. It is a freeware... Shareware... Whatever ware... LOL... And it is quite good... I do not personally play "real-time" instruments. But my brother plays a guitar and an electronic one... ^_^ Got 2nd in a talent time contest in his school too ( his band )... :D Really going well for him... Scored a full A in his 'A' level... MAN... Who would have done that?!

If it counts for anything, I've played the piano for about 8 years now and the cello for about, say, 5. >_> I've considered trying to play the electric guitar, since it seems easy enough, but apparently financial barriers are the only thing holding me back. >_>So what kind of music do you generally enjoy playing? O_o I find myself playing more baroque and classical than anything else...

i don't play any instruments.. but i do my own music.. well not always, but all my drum bases....

i don't know if you've heard something about frooty loops... with this music software u can uses midi tables and play them back in any instrument.. the are also other software so u can enter the music partitions and listen it in different synth instruments...

if you wan't to hear some o my music u can download it from: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I tried learning guitar once, but I didn't work at it and never got any good. I would like to learn how to play bass guitar now.

Brian, check out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Its much cheaper than itunes and it sells music in AAC format(but without DRM, so you can do whatever you want with the files).

Also, go download Hymn.
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14648/hymn

This will remove the DRM from the files you downloaded from Apple.

I play Barytone saxophone , Il like Jazz-Rock , Swing and Bossa a lot. These musics all let place for solos ( improvised solos ! ^_^ ) But the instrument is a little expensive ...... But when you want you can :D

Does anybody else here listen / play Jazz ?

I play guitar bass t-sax and piano. Anybody here play with a band at all? Whats the best resources for unsigned bands? Maybe this would be better in a topic of its own but it seems like there's a big demand out there for better ways for an unsigned band to get noticed. Personal experiences anybody?

I have been learning (electirc) guitar for about a year now and I love it :) . Before turning to guitar I tried to learn Alto-sax and Piano/Keyboard but I never really liked them as I am really into rock/metal and you can't really play that with either of those instruments :) .

Piano for 10 years (and lovin' it) and flute for 4 years. I can manage the bells and xylophones and other various percussion. I'm more of a classical/romantic type of pianist but I do enjoy playing modern music and jazz. :)