xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

Please Help! SQL Problem - Thanks For Reading

I seem to be getting this problem on my website more and more often. I am the biggest computer newbie ever, so sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question :P , but is there any way to configure it so it avoids this mesasge?

Too many connections, did you mysql_close the connection to the database after using it?The other errors are just there becuase it couldn't access ur database (since it failed to open, since too many connections....)

i think you have installed ipb

i suggest remove ipb from your database and reinstall it

but, first you should edit config file and unlock install.php

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT SQL FILES IN SOURCES DIRECTORY!!

hey, did you write it all yourself or did you use an existing script.if you did it yourself, i think lhunath might be right. after you did all the necessary queries, you should close your mysql connection, especially when you get a lot of visitors.and i can't help wondering which programs and websites you blanked out :P

hey, did you write it all yourself or did you use an existing script.

if you did it yourself, i think lhunath might be right. after you did all the necessary queries, you should close your mysql connection, especially when you get a lot of visitors.

and i can't help wondering which programs and websites you blanked out :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi this is Invision Power Board 1.3.1 as is in Fantasico/Cpanel.

How does one close the mysql connection?

Thanks

put mysql_close(/descriptor/); at the end of every php file that opens a mysql_connectionreplice descripter with your access descriptorexample:if you open your connection with : $db=mysql_connect(...)then close it with mysql_close($db);but i'd be surprised if invision didin't include that already.maybe it's just that the hosting company has limited the nr of simultanious connections? i don't know honestly.

Thank you very much. I will try that now and tell you how it goes.[edit - sorry I need help again :P I don't know how to tell if a php file is using a mysql process and also I can't seem to edit the mysQL database inside the control panel of invision or the Cpanel that comes with Xisto :P ]

i think you got some problems with mysql. drop the database and try to recreate. see if there r any problems. in your case, i would suggest u 2 remove IPB first, then manually delete tables/dbase which was created for them, then reinstall it using fastastico.