xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
campusjunk

Something New From IBM

Hey has anyone seen this
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I just thought it was pretty sweet, someday we could have our computer monitors anywhere in a room, It could even fallow us around. HA!

Pretty neat. Related technology is already in malls and other high traffic areas. The last I saw was of a fish tank projected onto the floor in a children's area, As soon as a foot is placed into the projected area, the water ripples and any fish in the area immediately swim away. There's instantly a pop-up of a small ad beside the foot at this point in time.

Another I came across another one in a book store where there was an entire book projected onto a wall, and you could manually turn the pages (of course you'd only be touching thin air), but the pages would turn and you could read ahead and backward. Again with associated advertising. Looked into the company that does this and came up with this link. Couldn't find any others. This kind of stuff is really going to transform interactivity whereever we go in the very near future. Will continue some more research into this and look into this more.

That's nice, except maybe for people suffering from paranoia :unsure: .I think there is one big downside about this project, being shadows. If the projector is behind you, then there is no use of this technique.