xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gladiator_us

A Very Bad Virus by CNN

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified byMicrosoft as the most destructive ever This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee andno vaccine has yet ! been developed.This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk,where vital information for its functioning are stored.This virus acts in the following manner:It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title"A Card for You".As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened thecomputerfreezesso that the user has to reboot.When the ctrl+alt+del keys or the reset button are pressed,the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the harddisk.Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York,according to news broadcast by CNN.This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.So don't open any mails with subject: "A Virtual Card for You."As soon asyou get the mail, delete it!!Even if you know the sender !!!

-.-, I don't know how this ****** born, Who are so stupid to create and spam a message like this?I haven't received this mail (yet) but every time the same problems, Virus, Dangerous scripts. why a persone create this ""stupid"" MAIL? :/ does someone know the answer?

The REAL question is... why are people running email clients with such high privilages !!!give me one valid reason why a mail client would ever need to gain direct access to a hard disk.there are only 2 things that need direct access to a hard disk.... Disk Formatting Tools, and the Kernel.

lol, these viruses and such really annoy me. Like mentioned before...it's a real wonder to me why people would bother making things like this :P

lol, these viruses and such really annoy me. Like mentioned before...it's a real wonder to me why people would bother making things like this :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The actual virus is the poeple stupid enough to believe it, and post about it on forums like this for other people to fall for it...

the thing about a virus (living or computer) is it needs to infect other hosts fater than it kills them. otherwiese it will not spread.

a virus that destroys your pc the second it gets there has zero change of spreading.

the most sucessfull computer virii are like human Colds. they do no real damage... and dont make someone soo ill that they stop going about therw daily buiseness so they can go to work / school and infect others.

like this is just another hoax, don't waste time on it, everything about VERY fatal viruses is total bs. And if you're still afraid of those annoying but rather harmless thingies, just stop using microsoft and all your problems will be solved :P

the most sucessfull computer virii are like human Colds. they do no real damage... and dont make someone soo ill that they stop going about therw daily buiseness so they can go to work / school and infect others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, and permit to the attack to adminastrate the remote computer and the resource of it, like SETI but whit out authorization...

but..if you are using an Unix sys it is too cool to open each mails the infected too :P

yes, and permit to the attack to adminastrate the remote computer and the resource of it, like SETI but whit out authorization...

but..if you are using an Unix sys it is too cool to open each mails the infected too :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

anouther reason windows sucks... it doesnt always show the 3 charatter file extension... (like .exe) so it will somtimes display SuperHappyFunJoke.txt.exe as just SuperHappyFunJoke.txt.

I recently tried Gnome 2.8.. i dont like the Desktop environment (im a KDE guy) but one feature which impressed me was the way it handles file extensions.

Windows treates files depenfing on what the file sxtension says... if you rename a jpeg file to .exe, windows will tryy to execute it !

Linux looks inside the file at the headers to determine what the file is, nomatter what the extension is, the extension is just for the human user (like the icon)

anyways, i tried to open an .mpeg video file, GNOME poped up a warning that the visible file extension did not match the file type.... the extemsion was .mpeg, but the file was an AVI. in this case harmles, some one renamed the extension possibly to get MS media player to load it by default...

SO.. gnome poped up a warning box saying that the extension did not match the file type, and warned me that this could have been done by mistake, or possibly to misslead me into running possible maliciouse code.

if windows had done this, then how many worms could have been stopped dead ???!!!

but im sure windows will steal this idea sooner or later...

>_< Stupid viruses! I just don't open any emails that aren't from people I know..

Another virus.. -__- I should sign up for some newsletter or something...

Well, just don't EVER open emails of which the sender you don't know.. the subject may sound like someone nice.. and sometimes even like the "person" knows you.. but really, it's just bs XP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you had've read the post properly you would know that the virus sends itself to all your contacts. So unfortunately you will get the virus from someone you do know. Simply opening only those e-mails that are from people that you know will not prevent you getting the virus :P .