xisto Community
gladiator_us

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD a tutorial for you all

hi friends,there is small tutorial to remove Bad Sectors from hdd to remove bad sectors you need a program named SeaMapnow we startStart the SeaMap.exe softwareSet the option by typing SD and then press enterPress 1 then 0 or 1 to select driveThen press 2 and there will be a option (Y/N) press n for NoPress Esc button one to go back to command lineType FDType y for yes the Hdd will format [Low Level Format] the whole disk and removes bad sectors and partitionsNow the computer has to be restarted, Restart your computerPartition your Hdd using fdisk and then format all partitions now have have completely removed all bad sectors from your hard disk=========================Note=========================your all Data will remove during this PROCESS!=====================================================

That doesn't remove bad sectors. Get a clue on what they are.You can't delete / remove bad sectors, they're faults on your hardware. How on earth is a format going to remove that?The only thing you can do is add an extra table on your File System Table which specifies which sectors are bad, so that they aren't used. And pray to god that it doesn't spread.Once you have a few bad sectors, you can be sure that your disk won't live to see another five years.

ohh,no man i have removed bad sector from about more then 15 hard disks and they are all right and they work completely it also remove bad sector from sector 0 and from boot area i have tested it and it works try youw self 2 it will work.Reagrds,Haseeb

ohh,

no man i have removed bad sector from about more then 15 hard disks and they are all right and they work completely it also remove bad sector from sector 0 and from boot area i have tested it and it works try youw self 2 it will work.

Reagrds,

Haseeb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its impossible to remove a bad sector... bad secorts are things like scratches on the surface of the disk make by the read/write head... those heads are razor sharp, and with disks spinning at 7200 rpm, if you give thse disk a good knock, it does some damage...

anyways, the software you pointed out simply maps around the bad sectors. effectivly shrnking the total disk capacity.

i have used this program and the bad sectors are completely removed and the capcity is the same but it works with windows 98 this type of things are common in pakistan and every people have tried it try ur self you will also be satisfied by this that i am saying abolutely 100% correct

Some people will just never admit that they are clueless......... :P

Some people will just never admit that they are clueless......... :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the thing about computers, is they tend to round things off....

6.000001 gigabytes 5.99999 gigabytes is all the same 6 gig as far as windows98 is concerned.

Bad Sectors.

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

Well there are two types of bad sectors

1) soft badsectors

2) mechanical badsectors

Soft badsectors can be fixed by running your hard-drive's manufacturer's HD diagnostic utility it will simply replace your badsectors with extra sectors in spare, or it will write 0 on all your HD sectors which will remove bad sectors.

2) if your HD got mechanical badsectors then you cant fix it and all you can do is to take it to company and claim warranty..

Gladiator_us has been talkin abt soft badsectors while lhunath has been talkin abt mechanical badsectors ..

Cya

-haider

Replying to gladiator_usSir wud you Please do me a favor. Whenever seamap detect the first bad sector it gives the following msg "Printer is not connected Y/and" I tried both Y and and. But it keep on giving the same msg.. Tell me wat to do-reply by atif

Solution: For Bad Sector or Cluster

How To Remove Bad Sectors Or Bad Clusters From HDD

I have resolved the problem of Bad sector by uing DM (Disk Manager) Software and its works. More than 5 to 10 HDD will get repaired and are running well.

I think by using DM we only hide the that effected area, so that it can't be read any more. So user do not get the message of Bad Sector or cluster in his HDD.

So, give me the actual scenario about this. Is Bad Sector permanently removed from the HDD

-reply by Vinay Kumar

So, give me the actual scenario about this. Is Bad Sector permanently removed from the HDD

This is an almost philosophical question. You don't really care this.Now the physical address of bad sectors (not to be used by the disk driver) is permanently written to the disk, so the user will not see the effect of the bad sectors. So, the disk is repaired, exactly as if it had no bad sectors.

I think the confusion here is that the software doesn't "erase" bad sectors but disables them from the hard drive so the hard drive doesn't know that it is there.
xboxrulz

Exactly, It seems the only confused one was the OP. He seems not not understand that a bad sector is a physical fault within the drive.