xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dark

Which Country Beside Yours Fascinates You?

HiI guess some people only like where they are. I am french but have lived in the states for years, my dad back home used to say that the south of France was the place to be that we were so lucky to live there. Upon moving to the states, I heard the same from my american father in law.To live in Connecticut was a gift given by god, Florida has hurricanes, California earthquakes, Wisconsin is too cold but Connecticut was the center of the planet to him.So then I moved to Georgia, I wanted to be in a warmer place, and it's the same here, people say constently how lucky they are to live in north Georgia and yadayadayada.....I have never been like that, I love my native south of France, Connecticut and New england are charming, Georgia hot and hospitable but there is more out there to be seen.For me the paradise and place to be is in the pacific ocean, give me a beautifull island ringed with palm trees, a turquoise lagoon full of colorfull fish and I am the happiest guy on earth.Some day when I am older and retired on one of these islands, one kid will be hearing me say "This is the place to be kid, we are so lucky to be here!" and that kid will probably looking at me thinking "What a moron!". :D So where is the place you would like to live beside where you are now?Patrick

I live in Iowa. Middle of nowhere hickville USA. There's so much of nothing to do other than shoot potato guns and tip cows. Oh, and there's bowling, but if you have long nails, not such a good idea. I'd like to go somewhere warm. I've never seen the ocean. I'd like to go to Australia and pet some kangaroos and other cute (and HUGE) furry creatures. I'm not sure if they'll let you pet them, but it's worth a shot. It beats potato guns any day of the week! That's where my BF is right now and it sounds like positive paradise. I can't wait to put my feet in ocean water and see some real sun, not this partly cloudy stuff WE have all the time.

I live in Texas, so I have a lot to do most of the time. But I'd love to go to South America - Argentina specifically. My two favorite musicals are Evita and Wicked :D. I love Europe, and I'd love to be in the middle of Venice rowing down a canal or up in Russia exploring Siberia. Austrailia and the Tibetian plateau have also intriuged me. I guess...anywhere but home, hmm? But I wouldn't give up Houston for the world.

I live right in the center of louisiana about 3 hours from New Orleans. I love louisiana but i have also been to a few other states that are very beautiful. I love forests and such. I am very patriotic and love the good ole USA. But i have always wanted to see africa. I love the ancient egyptgian culture and would love to visit the pryimids and stuff but because of the racisim here in america against blacks i want to see and learn what thier culture was like in thier home country. And to learn what it is like now. BTW i am white. I am a very eclectic music lover and from what i have learned most of todays music originated from africa so i would like to learn more about that first hand. There are many exotic animals there i would liek to see also. I have always wanted to go on a safari. My mother has always been fascinated with the UK. She is desended from irish and british so she has always been into that kind of stuff. She watchs British TV shows and the BBCAmerica channel alot. Some of it is cool but alot is very corny and cheesy to me. When I get rich i want to send her on a tip there for a whole month as a birthday or christmas present. But i dont see that happning in the near future tho unless i win the lottery haha :D

I live in Washington in a city called Bellevue. The place i wanna live is near my school because like all my friends live around there and my school and my house are seperated by a highway so I don't hang out with them alot. That's kinda the reason why I'm on the computer so much

lol for starters my own country doesnt even fascinate me , but in answer to your question i think i would have to go with. malasia, they got some fine looking laydies over there lol.. :D

I live in Canada, I grew up in Calgary, but I just moved to Montreal. It's like a completely different country. That's the incredible part about North America: you can visit an entirely different region without leaving your country! Anyways, I've backpacked across Europe, and I'd love to go back and see more (Polish girls are easily the most beautiful in the world - seriously, stop laughing), but Asia and Latin America interest me as well. I think the next place I'd like to go is Australia; I met a ton of Aussies while in Europe and our countries have so much in common. They're like warm Canadians, minus hockey. :D

I live in Brazil and I've already travelled to a few countries but I love my country... I want to move myself out of here... I would like to go to Europe but that's because I want to live in developeds countries which I can have a better life and grow more on my job... While I haven't finished my studies I'll keep in here but as soon as I can go to Europe I will... my grandmother is Portuguese so I can have a Portuguese ID :D

I live in Milton Keynes, England.There are no other countries which facinate me, but id like to go to new zealand, austrailia, Tibet or the antartic. They wud be koo to go to :DBut nowhere really facinates me :D Seems asuch a strong word :DI wudnt mind living in canada, New zealand or Austrailia tho.

I am in The Philippines. I prefer living here, because of the warm people and diversified cultures. But If asked which country I would like to go aside from my country... I would choose JAPAN.They the most hightech gadgets and gizmos in the world. most poeple there changes their mobile phones very often becuase there is a new phone coming. and their theme parks and museums are so modern. The people are very disciplined and there are not much robbery and crimes. there are so many places to go for a very litle country.There's just one thing I don't like at Japan.... EARTHQUAKES... very scary!

I live on the West coast of the US and I am very interested in Ireland. I have herritage on both sides of my family that go back into Ireland and I have researched the country quite a bit and wish to someday visit. Granted, I don't much care for the termoil between religions and governments within Ireland, but as a visitor I would stay out of those sorts of affairs. I would also love to visit Germany, where I have extended family. My Oma (grandmother) was born and raised in a rural country area somewhere in Germany and I would like to go see this town. She is constantly talking about the mountains of Germany being the most beautiful in the world. I'd like to see that for myself someday.

I live in Canada. I've lived in the same city for my whole life, but it's nice. I want to travel to Germany and Scnadinavian countries. There'sjust something about them that's just so fascinating to me. Maybe it's their history and culture. But, I also want to visit Greece and visit theParthenon in the Acropolis. I wouldn't mind going to Egypt either. The pyramids (and even Egyptian Mythology) interests me. But, if I don't get to go to these places, I would just like go live up north near a mountainous area (in the Rockies) with millions of trees.

i'm currently in California. here, either earthquakes arnt as common as most others thing, or we've learned to ignore them. either way, their of no concern to us :blink:some places i'd like to visit is Canada, since i've heard the weather is cold there, plus it's got ATI and Valve. Finland, since i've heard it's damned cold and the laws arnt too strict (plus i wanna kick my clan's second in command's *bottom* :ph34r: ). the Netherlands, i've heard thats a pretty neat place. Germany, i forget why, but i just do. Japan, to see the future, and England, just to do it :angry: