xisto Community
Hercco

Anyone Else Into Alternative Rock? Punk and HC particulary

If here happens to be anyone else who is into punk rock let's get some discussion started! Your favourite bands and albums? And do you have some local, not so well known, bands to share with us.

Depends what you call punk rock, alternative rock: Tool, A perfect circle, Adema, Anathema, ...

I like to group all non-metal, non classic r'n'r, non progressive and non hard rock as "alternative rock".

Depends what you call punk rock, alternative rock: Tool, A perfect circle, Adema, Anathema, ...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tool, Perfect Circle and Adema are certainly alternative rock. Anathema latest albums are alt. rock yes, but I personally prefer the old doom metal stuff.

I like to group all non-metal, non classic r'n'r, non progressive and non hard rock as "alternative rock".

Tool, Perfect Circle and Adema are certainly alternative rock. Anathema latest albums are alt. rock yes, but I personally prefer the old doom metal stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

blah alternative rock is pretty good if thats what u consider it btu the best stuff is classic rock, metal, rock n roll, rock, punk rock, opera, some punk, hippymusic, and other stuff along those lines...basicly n e thing with a meaning

Sometime I'm Rocky type and Some Rap

Yeah me too - all depends what mood I'm in - I find that if I listen to something too much it loses it's appeal, so listening to several types of music is the best way to stay interested.

alternative rock is rock that doesn't apear on the television. that rules evanescense out.i'm into dillinger escape plan, poison the well, converge, cave in, jimmy eat world, saves that day, old man gloom, isis,...most of the bands i like are pretty alternative.but then again, i also like outkast, rammstein, pj harvey,...

i love to listen to CHEMICAL BROTHERS any FANS out there????...Hate hip hop n rnb.. they break my ears. . But i do listen to alternative rock as wel.. i jus listen no idead abt the name of the bands..

Whoever thinks Adema, Evaneshit or any other crappy nu-metal pseudo-deep emotional band is alternative (which is actually a decent genre and shouldn't be spammed by morons) should die.On another note, I like some alternative, GRiNDSToNE used to play pretty good Alternative Metal, and Alice in Chains was pretty good. I don't define Alice in Chains as Grunge cause grunge is an insult to rock. Nirvana anyone? Yep, got my point.Ultraspank was a bit like GRiNDSToNE also too bad these bands break up eventually, I hate how the media focuses on talentless bands.Incubus' early stuff was pretty alternative, now it's just posh-pop rock. Songs like "A Certain Shade of Green" rule.

i love DIsturbed.... Down with the sickness rocks !i love the way Disturbed are heavy rock, but if you listen to the lyrics (or look them up for the more energetic performaces) the lyrics are quite clever... and meaningful.i also love.. Metallica, Nirvana, Placebo, Garbage, Static X, and ofcourse SYSTEM OF A DOWN !