xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Digital Camera Question Yeah I got lots of questions but oh well

Anyway, so I got the Vivitar 3705 digital cam with a 64mB flash card. Now I have taken a lot of pictures today. Well the battery was running low so I turned the camera off. When I turned it back on I couldn't find any record of the photos or small movies I made. Are they still on the flash card or are they completley gone and I need to keep the camera on at all times?

There's no camera that requires you to keep it on all the time, so unless you accidentally erased them, they must still be on there. Try connecting to the computer (either with the card itself or via a cable, depending on the camera) and see if you can track down the files.

HiWell I don't know your particular camera, and am not a photographer but I do own a Fuji digital camera.As said before, you are not required to keep your camera on at all times as your pictures are stored on the memory card or the camera itself if it has a built in memory.Or you did not take the pictures correctly or you erased them all by accident, the best thing to do at this point would be to read the manual and learn how to use the camera. Load the software on your PC and then upload the pics on your PC, it's all automated and painless, follow the instructions.If you really are clueless, I would go back where I purchased it and these people will definitely help you get started.Patrick

I have an Acer camera, when I remove the batteries I don't lose my pictures. Flash is a type of memory that doesn't lose its data on loss of supply. You must have it or maybe you camera is different from others. Your dealer should know. :DHope I could help.

It could be just something you did but it could also be just the camera, it could be defective and you might have to go back to the shop and ask for a new one or a refund for your product. But personally i have never heard the brand name... so i cant help you much, i usually buy either samsung or sony when it comes to electronics better to go with a well known brand they have better A/S and so on.

i think you probably erased them. that's pretty wierd. i picked up a canon powershot a few years ago, and pretty happy with it. i took it all around the world, without a computer, for a year. a 64mb card gives you like 500+ photos on a low resolution. awsome.think about just a few years ago, you'd have to carry around like 20 things of film - totally unmanagable. i love the new cameras.my next buy is a digital camcorder - if i can get some money.

cameras are intelligent especially digital ones so unless you or probably somebody else deleted the card then theres no way you would loose your memory that easy, or perhaps your camera just functions weirdly where it stores the pictures taken in memory then commits them to the card later, on lol, though i ve never actualy heard that before. :D

Well from what you all said the card probably still has the pictures on it, I just can't view them. It is a pretty simple basic digi cam so probably that feature only allows you to view pictures that you took during that time period. Well I am going to read the manual completely tonight and I'll see cause I already dled the software it came with to my computer and looked up the stats and it said no where that it would erase files unless I said to. Which I didn't.

Hi spawn,

All digital cameras hold the pictures on the data card for an indefinite time period. The memory doesn't require power. Either 1) you accidently erased the pics OR 2) the memory card is bad OR 3) the camera itself is malfunctioning.. Pop in a new memory card & re-test with new pics.

If it repeats, then send the camera in for repairs.

Hope this helps

RGPHNX

PS- make sure you read the manual :D

Anyway, so I got the Vivitar 3705 digital cam with a 64mB flash card. Now I have taken a lot of pictures today. Well the battery was running low so I turned the camera off. When I turned it back on I couldn't find any record of the photos or small movies I made. Are they still on the flash card or are they completley gone and I need to keep the camera on at all times?

56979[/snapback]

Thank you. I'll see what happens tonight. I probably do just need to read the manual, all of it anyway, and see what happens. I think that probably the camera doesn't allow the user to view past pictures.