xisto Community
pedro1405241472

Windows Security security

ohh and

If you just be carefull on the internet you don't need a virusscanne

or if you use Linux / Solaris / BSD virus scanners dont even exist.. guess why..
okay.. ive finiished ranting... (for now)

U know, Windows XP installs many services automatically upon installation. Clickstart>settings>control panel>administrative tools>computer management.click "services menu"can you see there? a list of services which microsoft installed automatically.example:service: "Remote Registry"description: "Enables remote users to modify registry settings on this computer."who wants his computer to have this kind of service anyway? they always say it is safe, but everyday they come with tons of patches. users are tired keeping up with these updates.

most Windows users dont even realsise BSD and Linux and Solaris exists...

they dont realise that the only reason virii exists, and de-fragmenting is needed every month is because it was easyer for microsoft to let you live in ignorance, accepting this crap as just a fact of computing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly!

the fight club example is pure corporate risk management. something that occurs most everyday. unfortunately there is usually a price placed on morbidity and mortality which is used to do a cost benefit analysis in cases such as your example.

as far as bsd ... anyone not running a bsd firewall is a *BLEEP* ^_^

mine is a pII 233 freebsd 4.6 system.

cheers

hashband

ps isn't "windows security" an oxymoron?

ps isn't "windows security" an oxymoron?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that and "Microsoft works" ( i think MS works was a personal money managing software suite... never used it myself)

that and "Microsoft works"  ( i think MS works was a personal money managing software suite... never used it myself)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually Microsoft Works was a bundle of MS Programs which included more limited versions of word and excel. I think it also had a photo/image handler, limited publisher and a home finance tool too. I remember using it on an old computer and was frustrated becuase it didn't have full versions of word and excel (this was before my opensource days).

cheers

hashbang