xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
musichere

Nameserver Help

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ [195.20.225.126]
Xisto.com [69.50.168.69]

Your nameservers haven't broadcasted, which means, you will need to wait before you can access your website. The IP of your web domain still points to the wrong server (not Xisto). Normally you need to wait 48 hours after applying it.
If you need the site to be able to upload things, you can make a little change so that you can access it yourself already, but remember that other people still won't be able to get there!

Ok, this is what you do :
Either you change your hosts file. Open notepad and open this file:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\Hosts
(or replace whatever the dirs with what they are with you..)
and add this entry to the file:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/         69.50.168.69; My Temporary DNS Solution

Or, what you can do as well is the following :
Go to your network settings, I'll presume you have windows:
Control Panel => Network Connections => Rightclick on your network connection => Properties => Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) => Properties => Use the following DNS server addresses : => add 64.5.44.113 (which is ns1.astahost.com).
All done.

If after the second thing, you experience problems surfing the net, set it back to what it was. I don't know whether it's a good idea to use Xisto's NSes for DNS, but it should help you now.
Remember! This will only fix things for your pc alone.